I can't keep up.................

we may finally give that 30 barrier a run for its money this year

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People getting excited about smaller corps starting up is a BIG improvement from years past. Then there was waaaay too much "If you ain't big, you ain't worth squat."

Possibly promoting Class A and Mini Corps is starting to pay off? b**bs

I think that the mini-corps format has the potential to open up a new world of fans, venues and participants.

I think that the mini-corps format has the potential to open up a new world of fans, venues and participants.

When I quit following corps around 1992/3 it seemed that only big corps mattered and their numbers were going way down. And there didn't seem to be anything you could do about it. I actually predicted by end of century Senior corps as we know it would be dead.

I came back to corps in 2003 and during the "missing years" Minis and Class As had been started by DCA and the Alumni world really took off. Senior corps ain't totally out of the woods but it's a huge improvement that could get a lot better with the correct management decisions.

2005 was my first full DCA weekend and saw Mini/Prelims/Alumnis/Finals. Seeing the number of people in the stands and their reaction to the smaller corps is a real good sign.

By my count, one or two more Class A Corps would make it a 50/50 balance between Class A and Open Class Corps. Now... still think there should only be 3 Class A finalists? How 'bout only taking the top 10 into finals?

By my count, one or two more Class A Corps would make it a 50/50 balance between Class A and Open Class Corps. Now... still think there should only be 3 Class A finalists? How 'bout only taking the top 10 into finals?

Do you mean have a top 10 class A final as well? Nice idea, but when would that fit into the schedule?

Some more food for thought:

For all those folks who keep asking when DCA will be bigger than DCI...

DCI Div. I - 21 corps

DCI Div. I - 10 corps

DCI Div. I - 16 corps

DCI Total Participants = 47

----------------------------------

DCA Open Class - 17 corps

DCA Class A - 16 corps

DCA Minicorps - 10 corps

DCA Total Participants = 43

Keep in mind that these are based on expectations, but it does show something.

Do you mean have a top 10 class A final as well? Nice idea, but when would that fit into the schedule?

Actually, I was referring to the fact that only 10 open and 3 class A corps make it to Sunday. There are so many deserving corps that don't get to the show. Making it something like 12 & 5 only adds about maybe an hour to the length of the show? It's something I think should be seriously looked into.

Some more food for thought:

DCA Open Class - 17 corps

DCA Class A - 16 corps

DCA Minicorps - 10 corps

DCA Total Participants = 43

Keep in mind that these are based on expectations, but it does show something.

I like the sounds of this a lot,...........Looks like time for an updated list,............