• Sunrisers
    • Govenaires
    • White Sabers
    • Dream
    • Chops, Inc.
    • Lakeshoremen
    • Alliance
    • Gulf Coast Sound

Can you tell I am bored with the discussions in this forum ;)

Just curious, whom (other than the corps you are involved in) do you listen to the most.

I find myself listening to Minnesota Brass the 2nd most (Frontier obviously being the first), along with White Sabers, Bush and Cabs being close runner's up. I liked many of last year's shows though, and really excited about 07 productions

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bump

Afro Celt Sound System.

I know it's not Drum Corps, but it's my new jones.

Can you tell I am bored with the discussions in this forum ;)

Just curious, whom (other than the corps you are involved in) do you listen to the most.

I find myself listening to Minnesota Brass the 2nd most (Frontier obviously being the first), along with White Sabers, Bush and Cabs being close runner's up. I liked many of last year's shows though, and really excited about 07 productions

Could not Vote.

I listen to;

1966 Dream

Kilties - St. Lucy's Cadets - Chicago Royal Airs - Chicago Cavaliers

alternated from time to time with a tape I made of:

1972 and 1974 corps of

Anaheim Kingsmen - Stockton Commadores - 27th Lancers - Madison Scouts - Hawthorne Muchachos - Bayonne Bridgemen - Blessed Sacrament

Also have a Senior tape I made with Corps from many years.

1976 Skyliners - Cabs - Sunrisers - Hurricanes

Alumni Corps - NY Skyliners - Reilly Raiders - Archie - Blessed Sacrament - Royal Airs - Cab's - and Yankee Rebels.

If I am driving you can be sure one of those will be playing.

(Bet that shocks a lot of people that think EVERYONE in ,or from, the North East does not like the rest of the Nation's Corps)

Edited by LucysSkylinerAlumni

(Bet that shocks a lot of people that think EVERYONE in ,or from, the North East does not like the rest of the Nation's Corps)

speaking for myself solely, i've never gotten that particular mindset. nor have i ever understood the theory of if you dislike one particular show by any corps that equals out to you disliking the corps completely. even if i didn't like something musically, there was usually something that caught my eye visually in their performance, or vice versa.

Cabs but only because they had that free video download.

Also listened to Gold a couple times because their show is on their myspace site.

When I buy the CD's it will probably be MBI.

Any other corps have links to hear their shows again (I was at finals and there were some awesome shows!)

PS anyone have any thoughts on the Alumni Spectacular on CD, is it worth the extra 10 bucks?

Edited by BucsBuff

PS anyone have any thoughts on the Alumni Spectacular on CD, is it worth the extra 10 bucks?

well i admit i'm kind of partial to the Bridgemen's show . . . but that isn't a unbiased opinion of course. :worthy:

Well, I don't know if the CDs are normalized any better than the DVDs. If they're not, then the normalization is such that during prelims either the mics got moved closer to the announcer speakers as the show went on, or the announcer speakers kept on getting turned up as the show went on. Otherwise I could only assume that Dream was the loudest corps at DCA since I didn't have to do a normalization edit to their soundtrack to bring it into the human perception zone. At least without turning the cars cd player volume up to 41(max), instead of the usual 15 that I listen to it at.