The Great white stick

:angry:

Oh I get it - it's a metaphor -- Yeah, I think it's also called "the Columbian head cold"

Back in my day, we didn't march lines, we DID lines, my friend! And there were ninjas on the ******* field trying to kill us!!

MG

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:worthy:

Oh I get it - it's a metaphor -- Yeah, I think it's also called "the Columbian head cold"

Back in my day, we didn't march lines, we DID lines, my friend! And there were ninjas on the ******* field trying to kill us!!

MG

AH HA, I knew it !! b**bs b**bs

So YOU'RE the ones I've heard about back then????!!! :angry::worthy:

Oh for the love of God and Heaven...can we please at LEAST move this to off topic. I am getting dumber the more I read this. And yes, I read all of this because it was like a car accident or an NHL fight...you could look away because it is so ridiculous.

Wow...the drum corps season needs to start soon!!!

Edited by mellos

I have only herd bits and parts of this story. but one id like to know all of. its soposedly a white ghost thing that would run infront of drumlines when they would go in the middle of a dark field and chant something like the great white stick or something. has anyne seen this and prove this to be drumcorps fact?

oh yeah... it's true. It all started back around 2000 bc... at Stonehenge. But it wasn't the "great white stick" they chanted, it was: "This guy's the tic" ...and they would leave

the person out there for like three days or something and come back. If he was still alive, he could march on the end.

:angry:

The Great White Stick is actually a pretty serious and sacred drumline ceremony, not something to be crapped on or made fun of.

Thanks.

The Great White Stick is actually a pretty serious and sacred drumline ceremony, not something to be crapped on or made fun of.

Thanks.

well perhaps if more people new about it and wasn't some darkly held secret that only the few chosen ones who know the story

and the secret handshake and all that stuff know about... there would be less crappage on the "sacredness" of it.

I never heard of it... so I could care less.

What kind of secret are we talking about? I've been marching and teaching drumlines for 25 years and the first time I heard of the "great white stick" was three days ago on DCP.