Bridgemen camp weekend

johnric

Well Jimmer you got 2 out of 3 right :doh: , thats why you are a BMO!!!

Once you get the facts right you can come and join the Sops!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

I didn't want to say "there's no voice amplification" because I didn't want it to sound like a dig at The Cadets.

Only our pit equipment is supposed to be amplified to reduce the wear & tear on them.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

I didn't want to say "there's no voice amplification" because I didn't want it to sound like a dig at The Cadets.

Only our pit equipment is supposed to be amplified to reduce the wear & tear on them.

And because of balance issues, due to the fact that we don't have a gazzillion people in our pit!

The Bridgemen will be rehearsing Jan 13 from 12-4 at St Andrews then we have our annual bowl-a-thon Saturday night. Sunday rehearsal will be from 12-6.

If you are interested in marching with the Bridgemen next summer go to Bridgemen.com and register... someone will contact you with more info..

Hey everybody!

Our numbers continue to grow, with each new day!

There are openings in all sections!

Come and be a part of our family! You will enjoy the ride!

Right you are Jimmer!

At the height of Bridgemen's popularity and appeal in the late 70s to early 80s, Evel Knievel was the shiznit. And we're kindred spirits: we were also the loveable, bold scoundrels of the activity! Our antics on and off the field kept us on everyone's lips.

A lot of stories about us have been blown WAY out of proportion. And some stories are pure fiction. But then again, isn't part of our appeal: the aura of mischief? It's like hanging out in a seedy pool hall: ya just never know what to expect!

We're grownups now, but many of us wanna see more of that fun-loving aggressiveness take hold again.

And it's in the palms of our hands. The show we're premiering this year is WAY ahead of the past few years in demand & showmanship.

Larry Kerchner & Dennis Delucia arranging, Matt Hurley's choreography with George Lavelle's drill program. A show featuring Manuel Falla's driving "Ritual Fire Dance/Sabre Dance," Larry's jazzy take on "My Favorite Things," Earth Wind & Fire's funkadelic masterpiece "In The Stone," Marvin Hamlisch's touching "What I Did For Love," and Giacchino Rossini's rousing "William Tell Overture." PLUS we'll have "Drum corps greatest moments" sprinkled in here and there. We'll have the audience on their feet several times each performance ... again!

I say it's time we take back our legacy and kick this baby up another notch or two at January rehearsal.

Go to http://www.bridgemen.com to Be a Bridgemen!

Bnr_Bmen07_Rcrt_DCP.gif

"fun-loving aggressiveness"

gotta love it!

The show we're premiering this year is WAY ahead of the past few years in demand & showmanship.

That it is!

We'll have the audience on their feet several times each performance ... again!

What a GREAT feeling!

I say it's time we take back our legacy and kick this baby up another notch or two at January rehearsal.

The ball is already in motion! ^OO^

Go to http://www.bridgemen.com to Be a Bridgemen!

Bnr_Bmen07_Rcrt_DCP.gif

Come join us!!!

:rolleyes:

so I hear will have a surprise twist to our show for 2007!!!

from what I'm hearing.. its gonna be different!!!

come on now john......give us a little hint :huh2::peek::peek:

:OT: alert!!

my anti-corps supporting father just gave me a belated Christmas present. our corps photo from DCA's.

after 15 seasons it looks like he's finally getting just how much this stuff means to me!!! :D

that would mean knowing how to use this big scanner/printer here sitting next to me. :P just looking at it makes me nervous.

plus i'm sure you've seen it already. we had them at the open house.

but this for me is huge ~ HUGE!!! the only person who's ever bought me drum corps related anything would be the kid. dad always looks like his nose is out of joint when we talk about it or i pop in a dvd or cd. the Waterbury show is right up the road and never once did the 'rents come to see it.

this is surely slow and steady progess!!! maybe we'll get him to a show in 2015 at this rate! :P