Something I wish existed

yup... it's all about rights... the good news is that those rights issues are now being properly handled... so there IS a future.. the poor quality of some years certainly was a problem... But the years that DCA lagged behind DCI in doing things legal hurt...

An interesting side note is that I was given a huge treasure trove of late 60's and 70's DCA 8 mm sound that were often pretty darn good... They converted to DVD quite well considering... no miracles but really very watchable... They were shot with prototype Kodak cameras that foreshadowed digital photography... If only there was a way to distribute these... without legal issues... Seeing these corps in there glory years... 75 Phoenix, 72 Crusaders 77 Matadors and more... simply great stuff...

Let's all hope that someone figures a way and that in the meantime the originals are kept safe and secure...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like i need to road trip to Uncle Tom's :P

you would be welcome anytime...

and don't you still owe me BEER?

yup... it's all about rights... the good news is that those rights issues are now being properly handled... so there IS a future.. the poor quality of some years certainly was a problem... But the years that DCA lagged behind DCI in doing things legal hurt...

An interesting side note is that I was given a huge treasure trove of late 60's and 70's DCA 8 mm sound that were often pretty darn good... They converted to DVD quite well considering... no miracles but really very watchable... They were shot with prototype Kodak cameras that foreshadowed digital photography... If only there was a way to distribute these... without legal issues... Seeing these corps in there glory years... 75 Phoenix, 72 Crusaders 77 Matadors and more... simply great stuff...

Let's all hope that someone figures a way and that in the meantime the originals are kept safe and secure...

Considering I've never seen a matadors show that would be pretty darn awesome!

By the way, Jeff, you don't owe me a beer... yet... B)

Considering I've never seen a matadors show that would be pretty darn awesome!

By the way, Jeff, you don't owe me a beer... yet... B)

you can have one of the many i owe some of your percussion members and staff.

you cant have Mcgrogans tho...he earned his!

I was scanning the various thread titles and saw this one and quickly thought it said "Sometimes I wish I existed" and I thought there was some post-modern, existentionalist, blahbity blah discussion going on.

lol

Yeah, Lisa, you must have thought you were in the DCI discussion forum. :P