Drooling Over Cadets' Opener

Alright, but Blue Devils and Crossmen both did Blue Rondo in 2003 and it worked out fine with them. I just don't think it should be an issue.

Well that was the reason why the Cadets aren't doing it. They don't want to play something that another corps will play possibly at the same competition.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're talking about something else.

Hide and Seek is being done for 2007 by another corps. Choosing a song that's been done before is not as bad as doing the same song the same year.

Corps directors and designers really really try to avoid this coincidence from happening.

Well that was the reason why the Cadets aren't doing it. They don't want to play something that another corps will play possibly at the same competition.

I highly doubt its a huge deal to them, especially if they've had their eyes on it for a while and had specific things in mind for it design-wise. And um.....THEY'RE THE CADETS. You're honestly suggesting to DCP that the Cadets are afraid to perform Imogen Heap in fear that Spirit is going to show them up?

Countless times in DCI history, corps have played the same thing in the same year. It's not that big of a deal.

Countless times in DCI history, corps have played the same thing in the same year. It's not that big of a deal.

1989 and 1994 come to mind. I'm pretty sure no one really cared, and the shows weren't worse because of it.

You're honestly suggesting to DCP that the Cadets are afraid to perform Imogen Heap in fear that Spirit is going to show them up?

I'm not suggesting, that IS the reason. plus a few other small reasons that I heard through the grapevine.

Edited by BaritoneBamBam

I'm not suggesting, that IS the reason. plus a few other small reasons that I heard through the grapevine.

Nothing against Spirit, but... wow...

Yeah, haha, I buy that. Glad you did your research and have such sweet connections and all. We should all be so fortunate. Now go start a thread about how you know what splooie means, too.

Edited by Jared_mello

Alright, but Blue Devils and Crossmen both did Blue Rondo in 2003 and it worked out fine with them. I just don't think it should be an issue.

yeah, Cadets and Boston both did Malaguena in 2003

If you eat at a restaurant, then eat at a second restaurant, the second meal will be spoiled by the first. Even if the second was a better meal, it was still not too enjoyable.

If Spirit goes on at a show, and Cadets go on next or a few corps later, even if the Cadets perform it better, it will just not be as enjoyable. Not fresh.

Get it?

edit: And to say that it's been done in the past is not a valid arguement to do it now. Perhaps the Cadets are learning from their mistakes and/or the mistakes of other corps.

Edited by Penguin

I feel the same way about this issue like some others. With all of the music that is around these days in the world, trust me there is enough compositions around that something shouldn't be played by two or more different corps. The executive directors meet early on in the season to know what other people are playing so I personally feel that music should not be repeated.

Now to the comment that Cadets are not playing Imogen Heap because Spirit is playing it and that they are worried that they will be showed up is a little crazy dont you think (I'm not saying anything about either corps with their playing ability by the way). Now yes, I marched Spirit but im sure that Mr. Hopkins and his design staff had other reasons for choosing not to play Imogen Heap.

Just my two cents worth, not saying that it's realy worth anything. B)