Drooling Over Cadets' Opener

Just heard more...

2007 Cadets - This is some dead serious stuff....

yeah...heard more also....yikes ^0^

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, I like it, but Bocook is NEVER the reason why I occasionally find myself disliking the Cadets shows (other than their ballad last year horn-wise, but I'm sure that was written to "accomodate" the vocal part anyway).

That is how mellophone parts should sound.

Ironically, this gives me faith that '07 may wind up being an even better year than '06 was for drum corps. Music arranging seems to be going back towards a '90's style, which I'm most definitely supportive of.

Thanks for posting, Cadets admin/webmasters/etc.

yeah...heard more also....yikes ^0^

Now you're just being mean. :(

Sure a lot of tempo changes....for atleast for the past 2 years, they'll cut half of that stuff out during move ins. I always love what they start with and am sometimes disappointed with the aftermath. Sounds good....I wish more corps would post clips.

Now you're just being mean. :(

Having his own standards for a hornline (even for camp recordings) and typing them on DCP isn't mean. This wouldn't be too exciting of a thread or website in general if everyone loved everything and agreed all the time.

The Cadets have never lost their greatness, said THIS old schooler who started marching in 1964..

Mike, perhaps "Regain their greatness" is a poor choice of words. I apologize. What I meant is to regain favor with the masses and not have to hear negativity.

This old schooler started marching in 1960.

Having his own standards for a hornline (even for camp recordings) and typing them on DCP isn't mean. This wouldn't be too exciting of a thread or website in general if everyone loved everything and agreed all the time.

No, I mean being "mean" by having a clip and not sharing. :P

:laugh:

I'm really not a fan of this. This does not sound like innovative Bocook, to me. He really havs been diggin that 9 chord since 05. I'm not into playing with the Long Ranger. I really liked 05 and if they had nixed the 3 minute drum feature and vocals in their ballad, 06. Hopefully Hide & Seek will be cool.