Who's left in G?

While viewing some DCA corps sites, I've noticed that the Hurcs are going to sport new Bb bugles. This is their language on the webpage. Any Hurc out there please tell me about Bb bugles. I think Scout House from Canada uses Bb bugles, but is this the way the Hurcs are breaking it to us that they are switching to "any key" instruments? What corps are left in G? Are there any?

I don't mean this post to be a place to argue G vs. Bb, heaven knows it's been done quite enough, but I'm interested in knowing the remaining DCA corps left in G.

Am I correct in guessing that Empire, Brigs, and CorpsVets are using G bugles?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The B Flat horns are not "bugles". They're standard concert instruments, for the most part.

Trumpets, baritones, euphoniums, and tubas are all in B Flat, for the most part.

Most corps that go "B Flat" are using F Mellophones.

The corps that have gone B Flat are:

Caballeros

Bushwackers

Minnesota Brass

Buccaneers

Hurricanes

Everyone else, (to my knowledge) is still in G. If I missed anyone, please feel free to add that information in.

Hope this helps, Gregg.

Here are a few that I know of:

Empire Statesmen

Brigadiers

Renegades

Corpsvets

Kilties

Skyliners

White Sabers

Sunrisers

Frontier is using Gs as well.

Thanks for the info. Good luck to the Hurcs this year, but I'll sure miss the G horns.

The B Flat horns are not "bugles". They're standard concert instruments, for the most part.

Trumpets, baritones, euphoniums, and tubas are all in B Flat, for the most part.

Most corps that go "B Flat" are using F Mellophones.

The corps that have gone B Flat are:

Caballeros

Bushwackers

Minnesota Brass

Buccaneers

Hurricanes

Everyone else, (to my knowledge) is still in G. If I missed anyone, please feel free to add that information in.

Hope this helps, Gregg.

Govies just got new Bb horns in December.

Just saying... :doh:

Chops has a brand new set of Bb/F Kings. Govies have a brand new set of Bb/F Yamahas. That puts all of Minnesota on Bb/F since Brass is on Bb/F Dynastys.

Hmmmm... 3 corps, 3 flavors. That's why I love this state for drum corps.

"G Forces":

I 'believe' that Scout House is one of the few "Alumni" corps that is NOT in "G". They have been "Bb-Multi Key" forever. If anyone knows of any other that is, feel free to post.

Elphaba

We have not yet changed our name to the Jackson Bbenerals just yet, so I think that we will be staying in G for a while.