Does DCA Do This?

PS I want Finals in Amsterdam - not out here!

And I know why. I second that vote!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canadian or snowshoes?????????

Nice photo!... Phyllis, Guiditto, and the ever pubescent Pusey, down at the Monterey!

Tried making out the other two with a magnifying glass, but I just got pixelated...

"Happy Birthday", Guido, and, oh yeah....

"Rules, Schmules".... William Pusey

Bill Moore B)

irregardless is NOT a word.

regardless is the proper word to be used if you're thinking about using irregardless.

*dismounts soap box*

Main Entry: ir·re·gard·less

Pronunciation: "ir-i-'gärd-l&s

Function: adverb

Etymology: probably blend of irrespective and regardless

nonstandard : REGARDLESS

usage Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

Merriam-Webster Online

:P

Hey guys -

At this point, none of the answers on this topic are serious.

Travler - DCA does not publish the rule change proposals to the general public. The majority of the voting members of DCA (corps directors, not DCA board) feel that these things should be kept private. In one way, they have a good point - there are a great many proposals, many of which are duplicates or things that will die quickly. Others are very controversial, which, as we have seen, is not something that these folks are willing to deal with (controversy, that is).

Having seen the proposals (I am one of the folks that can be called DCA because I have a vote - for now), I assure you that we will have lots to talk about at the meeting this weekend!

PS I want Finals in Amsterdam - not out here!

Chris Nalls for Prime Minister!!!

Thanks Chris, Still makes me wanna see em.

Trav