Serenade In Brass

Geez Fran........Dot & I will be rolling in at about 10 so maybe I could migrate to the.....ahhhhhhh....what is it called???? Could it be.....the bar??????

Jimbalaya

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The missus and I will be arriving in Harrisburg Friday evening, the 13th.

Our pit ensemble is not rehearsing that night, so I guess I'll just have to hang out for a bit at the Crowne Plaza bar.

It's a tough job, I know.... but someone has to do it. :P

Fran

We could always use stuff found around the bar to have rehearsal

We could always use stuff found around the bar to have rehearsal

Hey Jami ~ they want to make you practice!!!

*Boo Hiss* <**> :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Any word on the performance order?

I'm not sure about the night show, but the Mini Corps Contest starts at 2:00 PM at the Crowne Plaza in the Grand Ballroom, here is the line up for that:

2:00 Steel City Ambassadors - Pittsburgh, PA (Exhibition)

2:15 Crossmen Xtreme - Wayne, PA

2:30 Capital Brass! - Albany, NY

2:45 Amoskeag Sound - Manchester, NH

3:00 Lambertville Volunteers - Lambertville, NJ

3:15 Golden Eagles - West Sayville, NY

3:30 Ghost Riders - Parts Unknown

3:45 Mass Brass - South Boston, MA

4:00 Renaissance Indoor Percussion Line (Exhibition)

Tickets are $5.00 in Advance, $8.00 at the door, and they are going quite well,............I predict standing room only, and maybe even a sellout!

Oh yeah, the best part? CASH BAR!

Hey Jami ~ they want to make you practice!!!

*Boo Hiss* <**> :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Naaahhh. Since we're not going to Carnegie Hall, we don't have to practice..... :P

Fran

.....he'll be the one looking for the other short #### with the Victory beer

Jimbalaya

:P :P and especially... :rolleyes:

Hey Jim, I just found some of my brother in laws beer in the back of the fridge since ?????. Since he brews heavy duty stuff, it ought to be good and chewy by now. :laugh:

That's not something to be laughed at Jim.........I had some 4 year old stout homebrew that a friend took off my hands and he loved it..........of course he died 3 weeks later, but he look really good.........

Practce???????? Practice?????????? We don need no steeenkin practice!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the party at the bar is gaining favor......whooooooo hooooooooo.........form a conga line :lolhit:

Jimbalaya

So if it sounds like my neighbors are having a loud party Friday night, it might not be my neighbors. It might be coming from across the river. :sshh: PS - Closest beer distributor on the West Shore of the river is a mile from my house. :)

For everyone else benefit, my brother-in-law has brewed at more places than I can remember. And some of these places are still open. :rolleyes: He actually brewed at Victory for a while but it wasn't for too long and Victory is still around (Co-winky-dink? :laugh: )

One day he got huffy when someone compared his beer to Budweiser. His quote was: "We don't brew for everyone!".

Under my breath I said: "Well that's one thing you've succeded at". ^0^

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Elayne and I will be arriving hopefully by 7:00 PM. I plan on supervising as Mr. Cossetti checks out the ceiling in the bar area for leaks (or whatever it is when Mr. Cossetti checks out the ceiling in ANY bar he has ever frequented :-). Then Saturday morning I may briefly stop over to check out Westshore's rehearsal at the Forum. Back to the Crowne Plaza for sound check with Steel City in the ballroom. Blow (my bugle) at the Mini Corps show with Steel City. Watch the other Mini Corps. Then it's dinner and off to SIB at the Forum. Back to the party at the Crowne Plaza and once again supervise as Mr. Cossetti checks out the ceiling for leaks (or whatever it is when Mr. Cossetti checks out the ceiling in ANY bar he has ever frequented :-). Get "some" rest. Then attend the PaDCHOF Breakfast and Induction ceremony Sunday morning.

You know? This is really going to be a very full Drum Corps and very possibly the beginnnig of a new era in Pennsylvania Drum Corps history.

OH!!!! And Fran, make sure you wear your LOUDEST Hawaiian shirt. I'm putting forth a challenge. I think I have one that will beat yours. B)