Phantom's Marching 53 Euphs This Year

It's funny because I had completely forgotten about this dream (it was a year ago) until I read this thread and I could see the scene perfectly. Still one of my more amusing, odd dreams.

And sucks for BD's trumpet line and Cavies' mello line, having to learn and march two shows. And what about those nights where they're not at the same show as Phantom? That's a hell of a commute. But, as the Phantom staffer so astutely put it, "I'm sure they'd be chill with it."

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am...as long as we get 22 tubas (contras) with the 53 euphs.

the 10 mellos and 12 trumpets

those are some good numbers!

97-member hornline...wow! Oh, and that's not even counting PHANTOM's trumpets and mellos. See, it takes that just to balance PHANTOM's Buick line! The sub-woofer's of DCI!

If I calculate it right, that leaves 17 for battery, 25 for guard, 9 for pit, and 2 conductors! Bad year for visual, but bad-### year for brass!

Might need to move to Texas to find that many Euph's, though! :peek:

Welcome to Texas, Brian--stay as long as you like! Oh, and the staff member was most likely Bill Peterson. Could have been Dan Farrell. But if God's D&BC could spare him for a few minutes and your dream was real, it was probably Marc Glasscoe, RIP. MAN, could he teach M&M!

Edited by silvertrombone

Sounds like a cross between Star's "Space" show when the guard played contras during the "Close Encounters" portion of their show and the Tour of Champions...I can't remember how many contras total that was when they did that but it sounded cool.

-GM

Phantom with 53 Euphs!

Sounds like you may have been in heaven for a while. :tongue:

Sounds like a cross between Star's "Space" show when the guard played contras during the "Close Encounters" portion of their show and the Tour of Champions...I can't remember how many contras total that was when they did that but it sounded cool.

-GM

64 I think