VK Announces their 2007 show

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows that VK had the two sided uniforms back in the day, ala 1992 red and white. Maybe they will go for a more traditional look and buy the Cadet 05-06 uniforms. :laugh: Did I really just think of that, let alone say it. :laugh:

LOL. Not exactly........BUT.......oh nevermind for now. ^0^

The review is basically for DCI to see that we have members and that those members are marching and playing 2 minutes of the show.

However, with the horn book entirely learned and drill being learned next camp, we will CERTAINLY be ok.

There is a lot more to it than that. You have been misinformed.

Having been through it before with other groups, I KNOW there is more than that, but I didn't NEED to explain the whole process.

I think you understand that, no?

Since you know the process and have been through it, I think it would be valuable for us all to know what takes place during the review besides putting a few members on the field for two minutes.

Edited by 2CoolVK

Since you know the process and have been through it, I think it would be valuable for us all to know what takes place during the review besides putting a few members on the field for two minutes.

OK If you really need to know the whole process on this, a public forum.

DCI checks our budget for the next 3 years, checks and makes sure we have protocols in place for feeding, transporting and supporting our corps members, they interview our staff and board along with other details we really don't need to talk about. We are already in the process and have already turned in and had most ALL of our paperwork reviewed and revised. I KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO START A CORPS. I helped with this process at West Coast Sound, IMPULSE. and helped to save V.K. once as a member in the 70's and once as an instructor in the 80's. I and my staff know what it takes to field a corps and will do so. We have been at the last 2 DCI meetings and had numerous and lengthy discussions with everyone. Let's drop these insinuations that my organization doesn't know what we're doing, please.

Dan Zeilinger

Director, Velvet Knights

OK If you really need to know the whole process on this, a public forum.

DCI checks our budget for the next 3 years, checks and makes sure we have protocols in place for feeding, transporting and supporting our corps members, they interview our staff and board along with other details we really don't need to talk about. We are already in the process and have already turned in and had most ALL of our paperwork reviewed and revised. I KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO START A CORPS. I helped with this process at West Coast Sound, IMPULSE. and helped to save V.K. once as a member in the 70's and once as an instructor in the 80's. I and my staff know what it takes to field a corps and will do so. We have been at the last 2 DCI meetings and had numerous and lengthy discussions with everyone. Let's drop these insinuations that my organization doesn't know what we're doing, please.

Dan Zeilinger

Director, Velvet Knights

Cool, Dan. Thanks!!!!