If phantom were to go back to black?

White is a much more visually impressive color.

Black tends to minimize the visual impact of the people on the field. Which is why a lot of high schools use black pants to hide dirty feet. White sticks out and really fills the field.

Phantom's current uniform = overflowing with awesomeness.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for the right show, PR's black uniforms are awesome. Like it 96 had been in white, it would have been a much less impressive show, at least to me. But if they had done, say 2003, in black... :laugh:

Having marched the first year of the all white uniforms (1987) I have a soft spot for the all white.

That being said, the all black was powerful, but the shows they used it for reflected the power of the all black.

I think the all white would be much more appropriate given their shows title of "On Air"

Having marched the first year of the all white uniforms (1987) I have a soft spot for the all white.

That being said, the all black was powerful, but the shows they used it for reflected the power of the all black.

I think the all white would be much more appropriate given their shows title of "On Air"

Mark, I loved the 87 show! I thought it was Regiments "coming out" party, so to speak. The new uni's that year really made a powerful statement. I will always love the last movement of the Swan Lake show...

Ah, the good ole days!

Mark, I loved the 87 show! I thought it was Regiments "coming out" party, so to speak. The new uni's that year really made a powerful statement. I will always love the last movement of the Swan Lake show...

Ah, the good ole days!

The success we had in 87 was all the sweeter for having marched thru the nightmare of 86 LOL

I've never really known PR in anything other than white. Yeah, I did catch finals on PBS in 96, but that was just the one time.

Edited by ravedodger

I've never really known PR in anything other than white. Yeah, I did catch finals on PBS in 96, but that was just the one time.

If you ever get a chance try and track down the 95 show.

It is a horribly underrated show.

It is one of my Regiment Favs

I love the all white. The corps looks massive. The all black would have distracted me with this years show. The backdrop of all white provided an effective contrast to the dark uniforms the guard guys wore. If that had been lost, I think the show might take a while to get as the 'demons' would get lost in the corps proper.