Regarding Cavies canceling Europe

So, there was a thread a few weeks ago about the whole "Finals prediction." Not many gave Cavies their top spot due to, primarily (according to reader comments), their European tour.

So...now that they have cancelled that little distraction, anybody care to change predictions? If I remember, they were a pretty solid 2-3 in most predictions.

Just curious.

So, there was a thread a few weeks ago about the whole "Finals prediction." Not many gave Cavies their top spot due to, primarily (according to reader comments), their European tour.

So...now that they have cancelled that little distraction, anybody care to change predictions? If I remember, they were a pretty solid 2-3 in most predictions.

Just curious.

NO

Just playing the odds...they will be top 3 (most like top 2)

Nope. I always thought they would be 2-3. But I don't think they will win because of their show, not because of their euro-tour. I don't see them, or anyone for that matter, winning with a Billy Joel show. If they did another concept show, they would probably win again. But Billy Joel just doesn't have "championship" written on it. I know, I haven't even seen it yet, but this is just how I think.

I understand that a Billy Joel show doesnt seem like a winner, and i agree with you, however many didnt exactly think a James Bond show would be a winner either. Ever since then i always think twice before counting the cavies out.

I honestly don't remember anyone saying they couldn't win with 007, just the opposite in fact. Here on DCP, after they announced 007, many were saying that a James Bond show was just begging to be done by the Cavaliers more so than other corps. The Cavaliers had just the right style, attitude, and masculinity to do James bond justice.

Edited by Morgoth Bauglir

cavies '04 always comes up in discussions of their show for this year. i would label it the exception, unless someone can point out another example to me. has a show that ended up winning ever been regarded as an "iffy" design move in the off-season, minus 007?