Brass & Percussion I&E Championships

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be serving up as MC for this event and look forward to a robust set of performances by all involved ... brass and percussion. Several current and past DCA I&E winners will be doing their thing including Frank Dorritie, Ruben Ariola, Jack Murray, Joe Fontana, John "Shirley Temple" Neuhror and several others ...

I just checked out the venue at the University of Bridgeport and can tell you first hand it is excellent ... the stage is a nice enough size so that ensembles and minis won't be constrained and individuals won't be lost ... the audience will be "up close and personal" to the competitors and there's plenty of room outside the main hall to socialize.

There will be food and beverage (sorry, no alcohol) service available during the contest and a post-show party at a local bar/restaurant just down the road ... directions will be posted shortly and maps will be available at the show.

So ... c'mon out and "see the stars" ... or at least listen to me fumble through pronouncing their names ... LOL ...

See ya on the 17th ...

Andy "I love an old style I&E show" Lisko

There will be food and beverage (sorry, no alcohol) service available during the contest and a post-show party at a local bar/restaurant just down the road ... directions will be posted shortly and maps will be available at the show.

So ... c'mon out and "see the stars" ... or at least listen to me fumble through pronouncing their names ... LOL ...

See ya on the 17th ...

Andy "I love an old style I&E show" Lisko

Andy....Is the Post Bash at the 3 Corners? Also, is the venue at the "Student Center" Auditorium or is it at the "Fishbowl" by Irunston Ave,( that's Iranistan if your not from Bridgeport).

Hopefully the Doctors will let me have at least 1 cold one by then. If not, I buy you one and watch you drink it.

Jim Ormiston...PCP :ph34r:

I'll be serving up as MC for this event and look forward to a robust set of performances by all involved ...

you'll do fabulous Andy. just don't ask Fran for fashion tips. :ph34r:

you're not sending them down to Seaside Park? the rats will be a bit scrawny this time of year. :P

seriously ~ hope you have a wonderful event!

Andy....Is the Post Bash at the 3 Corners? Also, is the venue at the "Student Center" Auditorium or is it at the "Fishbowl" by Irunston Ave,( that's Iranistan if your not from Bridgeport).

Hopefully the Doctors will let me have at least 1 cold one by then. If not, I buy you one and watch you drink it.

Jim Ormiston...PCP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jim - yes the post-show party will be at the Three Corners bar/restaurant ... be sure to wear old clothes in case you fall down ...

The show will be at the Student Center on University Avenue by Park Ave ...

Andy "but honey, I only had two drinks ... both just happened to be pitchers" Lisko

you'll do fabulous Andy. just don't ask Fran for fashion tips.

you're not sending them down to Seaside Park? the rats will be a bit scrawny this time of year.

seriously ~ hope you have a wonderful event!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Liz ... being a Skyliner, I'm much more conservative than Fran ... :-) ... no tux this time but maybe I'll work in some Gong Show hats ala Chuch Berris ... HOOHAA!!!

Guess I should have said "up the road" ... HAHA ... away from Seaside ... although, it was the place to be in the 60's with Conty's ... the Bug Lite ... Arnold's (yes there really was a Happy Days place in Bpt) ... and several other gin mills ...

Will you be gracing us with your presence?

Andy

i never "grace" anything Andy. but klutz us with your presence doesn't have the same ring to it, now than does it? :ph34r:

i'm not sure what the game plan is for the 17th yet, but this certainly is an option. AND i know my way around the place. not something i'm known for in the Bayonne area. :lolhit:

i'm not sure what the game plan is for the 17th yet, but this certainly is an option. AND i know my way around the place.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well ... if you're there, make your way up to the podium and I'll have you announce a few entrants with me ... just make sure you bring a drink disguised in one of those inconspicuous red cups ... LOL ...

Andy "I hate to MC alone" Lisko

you'll do fabulous Andy. just don't ask Fran for fashion tips. :ph34r:

Very good advice. :P

Knock 'em dead in Bridgeport, Andy!

Fran