Official Negative Cavaliers Thread 2007

Instead of having potentially multiple threads discussion possible "negative" things about the Cavaliers show, I have decided to create a thread for people to voice all displeasures. This show is actually quite different from the past years, as it features the music of Billy Joel. I am sure there will be negative things some people will have to say. Until then, let us discuss things that already bother us. I'll start:

I don't think it's a good idea to play Billy Joel music. It is too "pop" for me. I want something with more substance.

Edited by JulioNickelodeon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't thing it's a good idea to play Billy Joel music. It is too "pop" for me. I want something with more substance.

Have you heard the substance they've selected? Do you know what selections they're using? Please tell the rest of us, because I'd love to know what they're going to play. What did you think when you first heard about "007"? I doubt the corps is going to give us music you'll hear on the elevator at Sears.

Can't really see anything negative about this show. In fact, I'm very excited about their musical repertoire. I'm more excited about this show than I was for their 2005 or 2006 shows. I think this is a step in (yet another) right direction for the Cavaliers. :)

Have you heard the substance they've selected? Do you know what selections they're using? Please tell the rest of us, because I'd love to know what they're going to play. What did you think when you first heard about "007"? I doubt the corps is going to give us music you'll hear on the elevator at Sears.

I do not. However, I do know that speculating is the trendy thing to do on DCP. Therefore, I will voice all potential concerns without any evidence. Also, Bill Joel music just ruins a show for me. I'm actually thinking about organizing a program to get the Cavies to change their minds. They might listen to me. I sure hope they do. I promise not to yell at them during their performance though, in case you are wondering.

Can't really see anything negative about this show. In fact, I'm very excited about their musical repertoire. I'm more excited about this show than I was for their 2005 or 2006 shows. I think this is a step in (yet another) right direction for the Cavaliers. :)

Before you say that...you may be interested to know that the Cavaliers could use amplified voice in their show...

Before you say that...you may be interested to know that the Cavaliers could use amplified voice in their show...

Exactly! This is another potential negative aspect of their show for some people. Will the Cavaliers use voice? They haven't said they won't!

the only negative thing I can say is that I'm sure they will do it so well that I will hate them because of envy... (wanting to be out there performing with them envy...)

I highly doubt that. And if they did, then yes, that would be something negative.

Instead of having potentially multiple threads discussion possible "negative" things about the Cavaliers show, I have decided to create a thread for people to voice all displeasures. This show is actually quite different from the past years, as it features the music of Billy Joel. I am sure there will be negative things some people will have to say. Until then, let us discuss things that already bother us. I'll start:

I don't think it's a good idea to play Billy Joel music. It is too "pop" for me. I want something with more substance.

I'll not prejudge the election of Billy Joel music and will be open minded to a novel interpretation that might prove fulfilling. But I expect that the Cavs will be short on melody and only provide snippets of melody in order to make it's strong suit...... the visual package.... carry the day. If that's the case, that will be a "negative" for me ( although last year, the disjointed musical selections actually fit nicely into their visual program superbly in my view ). But why be negative on something we havn't seen nor heard yet ? Wouldn't it make much more intelligent sense to reserve judgment on something until it's developed and presented for us ? Or are you really starting this thread tongue in cheek ?

Edited by X DM

If the Cavaliers stick with their plans to play Billy Joel music I plan on yelling "NOT DRUM CORPS" at Finals in order to show the staff that I disapprove of something. I figure that by doing this I will convince them to stay away from Billy Joel in the future because I don't like it.