Cadets Open Source Winner Announced

odd but cool idea.

not sure if I were running a corps I do it, but I find it cool nonetheless.

congrats to the winner. wonder if he posts here? :P

Since i didn't get a shirt i still have a chance of winning!! b**bs

They have some bio stuff about Nelhybel at the end, said he lived in Scrantom, PA which i live about 30 minutes from. Pretty Cool.

When my high school went to ACC's in Scranton we practiced at the U of Scranton and got a tour of some room called the Nelhybel room where if I remember correctly they kept alot of his originals.

I love Nelhybel, so this should be interesting.

Is that the real deal? Because I seriously haven't gotten anything from them... tshirt, email... I don't know if I'm forgotten or actually being considered for part of my idea... This is optimism talking here.

The way it worked is that if they felt the submission was worthy, they have already informed you and you probably already received your DVD. I got two for two seperate ideas I sent. They ended up substituting DVDs for the T-shirts since the volume of quality submissions exceeeded their stock of t-shirts (something like 400+ ideas). So, I believe that if you did not get an email yet saying that your idea was deemed substantive enough, then you won't get anything. I believe that even the "winners" (Jason Gibson and the other two individuals they reference who they are using a part of each one's idea) also received DVDs from the first round of judging by simply being deemed worthy of consideration.

They explained the criteria for getting a DVD as (and this is not a direct quote, so I'm sure I'm missing some of the details) an idea that either had a song , a visual concept (even a single drill move) , an entire show idea, etc. they felt was worth considering. In addition, it had to have sufficient thought put into it and would qualify for a DVD if the presentation was of professional quality or showed a lot of work even if the idea, music, etc. wasn't something they'd consider doing. So if an idea simply said to do a 20th anniversary show of Appalachian Spring but gave no further ideas on how to develop the show, design the guard outfits, incorporate specific drill moves, etc. (not saying that's the case as I have no idea how extensive PR_ducky's submittion was) then it might not have qualified for a prize. Hope that helps clarify some.