BRIDGEMEN TOS SHOW

Thanks standy. We're pretty happy with how our home show is shaping up and want everyone to get in on the fun.

Smiley_RifleStkr.gif

Tournament of Stars features an exciting mix of classic drum corps and progressive drum corps.

You'll get your money's worth, no matter what your tastes.

There's entertainment galore. What could be better!?

Bmen_ClrGrd2007.gif

Score your tickets early to get in on the fun on June 23rd.

GoToBridgemenCom.gif

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spotlight on Staff

Did You Know....

Bob "Dubie" Dubinski, beloved drum instructor of the Bridgemen and Star of Indiana,

was voted "Cadet of the Year" while he was with Garfield in 1974?

Dubie_Garfield76.jpg

1976 Garfield Cadets snare line featuring percussion section leader Bob Dubinski (4th from the left).

Photo courtesy of Bob Dubinski.

Bob wore Maroon, Cream & Gold with the celebrated Garfield Cadets from 1970 through 1976, and proved himself a valuable commodity as percussion section leader with "Holy Name."

In 1977, Bob took a job at Collins Music Company, where Dennis Delucia worked as a salesman.

Dennis recognized Bob's abilities and offered him a job with the rejuvenated Bridgemen drumline in 1977.

Bob's motivational presence is legendary; If there's one word that best describes "Dubie," it's intensity.

The trio of Dennis Delucia, Bob Dubinski, and Pat Scollin helped build a drumline dynasty: the Bridgemen drumline captured three successive high percussion trophies from 1980 to 1982.

1983 is also a cherished memory for corps fans, when the snare line put on blindfolds at the roto toms and demonstrated they were master showmen!

History_Bmen83.jpg

The Bridgemen drumline in 1983.

Photo courtesy of Drum Corps World.

Bob's time with a rising new corps, the Star of Indiana, helped them to become a juggernaut. "Star" captured the DCI crown in 1991 with their "Roman Images" show, and came close to winning in 1993 with their memorably progressive show.

Dubie_StarIndiana.jpg

Bob with the Star of Indiana snare line.

Since 1986, "Dubie" has brought his fiery enthusiasm to the Bloomington H.S. South band program in Indiana, raising the talent level of his performers and instilling a dedication to excellence in all that they do.

The Bridgemen are proud that Bob travels back East several times a year to inspire us to greater heights, and help us recapture our glory days.

Dubie_BmenDrumInst.jpg

Left to right: Pat Scollin, Dennis Delucia, and Bob Dubinski of the Bridgemen Alumni corps.

Bob's resume:

Family:

Married to Roseanna from 1979-Present

3 Children - Rob (b. 1982), Allison (b. 1984), and Amanda (b. 1988)

Education:

1978 B.A. Music Ed. Kean College of New Jersey

1983 M.A. Music Ed. Jersey City State

Marching experience:

Garfield Cadets 1970-1976

Cadet of the Year 1974

Percussion Section leader 1973-1976

Professional teaching experience:

Band Director Lodi H.S. Lodi, NJ 1978-1986

Band Director Bloomington H.S. South Bloomington, Indiana 1986-Present

Director Star of Indiana Elementary Band 1992-Present

Contemporary Worship Director Evangelical Community Church 2005-Present

Drum corps teaching experience:

Bayonne Bridgemen 1977-1984

Avant Garde 1983-1984

Star of Indiana 1985-1993

Bluecoats 1986, 1987, 1989

Bridgemen Alumni 2005-Present

Read the bios of Bridgemen staff at Bridgemen.com.

Catch all the talent that will thrill audiences at

Tournament of Stars on Saturday, June 23rd!

Bnr_Bmen_TOS07_DCP.gif

What a great picture of Bobby and Gus!! I will never forget when Gus used to come down and work with our soprano line at BS. And, when he helped out with our soprano quintet we did for GAS in 2001. Gus would come down to the Garfield Post where we practiced, walk in and listen for a while. Then he would talk to us about ballance and blend and other "little things" that would make our performance better.

And Bobby following right in Gus's footsteps. The best cleanup guy in the business. Bobby has been working with BS for about 7 years now providing great instruction.

Hey Joe! It was great to finally meet you and your wife Phyllis at the Bucs show this past weekend.

What a GREAT night of corps entertainment that was for all of us.

Thanks for your help in showcasing the talent that Blessed Sac brings to the field.

And thanks to Charlie Vayda (of Skyliners Alumni) for helping us get acquainted with more of the talented performers that will thrill audiences at Tournament of Stars.

When the "credits roll" at the end of this publicity campaign, there will be a lot of contributors who'll get their moment in the spotlight too.

Bnr_Bmen07_TOS_468.gif

The best promotional job I've ever seen for a show. It should be a great night.

"Best Promotional Job":

Hear hear!!! Bravo!!! :beer:

Elphaba

[quote name='elphaba01' post='1843894' date='May 14 2007, 01:46 PM']"Best Promotional Job":

Hear hear!!! Bravo!!! :beer:

Elphaba
WWW[/quote]
It's all thanks to the creative genius of Mr. Jim "attreides" Reilly, whom we are VERY proud to call our brother!

Hey Jim...

While I could provide a little background info about you for our DCP family, I couldn't possibly match your creative efforts!

How about providing everyone with a "Spotlight on Jim Reilly", you've certainly earned it!

Come on, don't be bashful!

The Bridgemen are very proud of you!!!

Thanks J.J.

Uhhhh.... to quote Patti Ann:

"Can't!"

My bio is on the Bridgemen website anyhow. Go to Bridgemen.com, click "Corps" then "Website Team."

Okay, it's a sneaky way to get people to our website, but there's plenty of free entertainment waiting for you there!

Bnr_Bmen07_TOS_468.gif

This is an excellent thread, Jim.

So sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you personally on Saturday. I hope you enjoyed your visit! Great show by the folks in yellow!

Great job promoting the Bridgemen and this show! Looking forward to the Bucs' visit to Bayonne.

Well done! Sneaky-schmeaky. It works!

- Jeff Zehner

This is an excellent thread, Jim.

So sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you personally on Saturday. I hope you enjoyed your visit! Great show by the folks in yellow!

Great job promoting the Bridgemen and this show! Looking forward to the Bucs' visit to Bayonne.

- Tom Moore

Thanks Jeff and Tom. I sure appreciate your kind words and enthusiasm.

We had a GREAT time at the Buccaneers indoor show last weekend, and I think it came through in our performance.

We're really excited to have the Bucs in our Tournament of Stars line-up this year.

"Balance in Blue" is shaping up to be a bulldozer this season. We know you're gonna WOW the audience!

BTW, I have a spotlight in the works on Matt Krempasky, former Bucs performer and instructor.

Bnr_Bmen_TOS07_buglersC.gif