Rule voting results

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was scary close though.

Final vote was 10 for, 10 against.

I guess in a tie it fails, but that was WAY too close for comfort.

Close or not, at least it failed this time around. Next year i have a feeling it will pass. I am not sure what I think of 150 members...I know that I really need to make Crown this year before too many changes come in.

I don't think every instructor gets a vote. I attended the DCI meetings in 2004 as the visual caption head of a division III corps. While I attended the visual instructor caucus meetings, I did not have a vote on any rule proposals. I am fairly confident that only member corps get a vote in the instructor caucuses, 1 per corps. So even if The Cadets send 10 instructors to the brass caucus, they still get 1 vote.

I had breakfast with a friend who works for DCI this morning and I asked -- just to make sure I was reporting the correct information.

EVERY INSTRUCTOR of EVERY CORPS in EVERY DIVISION has a vote at the instructor's caucus.

I had breakfast with a friend who works for DCI this morning and I asked -- just to make sure I was reporting the correct information.

EVERY INSTRUCTOR of EVERY CORPS in EVERY DIVISION has a vote at the instructor's caucus.

It's not that simple.

The Instructors Caucus has two stages of voting. The first votes are taken while the individual caption caucuses (brass, percussion, visual, etc.) are in session, and those are (last I heard) open to whoever is participating in the caucus, including judges. (Not sure if two or more staff from the same corps can vote there.) At the end of the day, proposals that passed the first stage are put up to another vote where only one representative per corps can vote - additionally, not all division II/III corps have a vote at this stage, only II/III finalists.