So can we get an honest answer

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Glassmen used amps in 2006.

Ah bummer. :( As you can tell I didn't see any shows last year.

Oh and btw Conner I got to thinking. Bluecoats said they wouldn't use amps and voted against them too. They had t-shirts made and everything. And we see how long it took before they changed their minds.

People change their minds all the time.

Why wouldn't Southwind be voting? They are a full voting member of DCI.

Do they have to be in the top 17 to maintain that voting status?

I'm asking cause I don't know for sure how that works.

If the vote was 10-10, weren't there 20 votes cast? How could staying in the top 17 to get a vote allow for 20 votes or am I overlooking something?

Edited by Tekneek

A corps has to finish in the top 21 for 3 consecutive years in order to earn the right to vote. I believe that once you are a voting member, if your corps falls out of the top 21 for one year, they do not lose their voting status unless they fall out of it a second time. Then, they would have to earn it again by once again finishing 3 consecutive years in the top 21. Even if a corps is not a voting member, their representative is still at the table and able to fully participate in all other aspects of the BoD meeting.

In addition there are 4 outside directors who have a vote but often abstain when the vote is in regards to competitive issues.

I calculate 20 Division I corps who are voting members at this time. As for who is in or out - voting members include Capital Regiment, Mandarins, Southwind, Seattle Cascades, Magic and Pacific Crest. Division I corps that currently do not have voting rights are Esperanza, Pioneer, Troopers, Kiwanis Kavaliers and Blue Stars.

If the vote was 10-10, weren't there 20 votes cast? How could staying in the top 17 to get a vote allow for 20 votes or am I overlooking something?

Yes you're right. That would answer that question. :drool: :)

A corps has to finish in the top 21 for 3 consecutive years in order to earn the right to vote. I believe that once you are a voting member, if your corps falls out of the top 21 for one year, they do not lose their voting status unless they fall out of it a second time. Then, they would have to earn it again by once again finishing 3 consecutive years in the top 21. Even if a corps is not a voting member, their representative is still at the table and able to fully participate in all other aspects of the BoD meeting.

In addition there are 4 outside directors who have a vote but often abstain when the vote is in regards to competitive issues.

I calculate 20 Division I corps who are voting members at this time. As for who is in or out - voting members include Capital Regiment, Mandarins, Southwind, Seattle Cascades, Magic and Pacific Crest. Division I corps that currently do not have voting rights are Esperanza, Pioneer, Troopers, Kiwanis Kavaliers and Blue Stars.

Thank you very much for this intelligent response. I totally forgot the procedures. :drool:

I call it relocating on the brain..lol. :) (I just relocated and it can be very stressful).

Ah bummer. :( As you can tell I didn't see any shows last year.

Oh and btw Conner I got to thinking. Bluecoats said they wouldn't use amps and voted against them too. They had t-shirts made and everything. And we see how long it took before they changed their minds.

People change their minds all the time.

well, Bluecoats aren't Southwind.

Southwind still hasn't used amps, so I don't really see the logic of them voting for electronics.

just pointing it out.

~>conner

If this is just speculation, you're wasting your time. I think member corps of DCI would know what is and what isn't best for themselves in the long term. They are doing just fine without your help, sir.

I don't have a life so I have plenty of time to waste.

There is disagreement as to what is best for DCI long-term as evident by the 10-10 vote.

I doubt any fan of (input your favorite inactive corps) would agree that DCI is doing just fine.

It doesn't help, IMO, when people like Jeff Fiedler and the BOD member from the Coats have mis-interpreted comments..that they clarified and explained...constantly brought up in the mis-interpreted form.

You mean when they got caught saying too much and tried to back talk their way out? Remember, Jeff said "I'll let my comment stand."