Check out Bridgemen rehearsal on February 11th

What's the best part about being a Bridgemen member?

For some it's performing such an entertaining show. This year's show is a greater challenge to pull off and we're meeting the challenge. The wealth of talent in our ranks and our instructional staff is the envy of many.

For some it's the lasting friendships we've made here. We love to welcome new members into the family to discover what this thrill ride is all about.

For some it's being part of an innovator, a unique corps that has left a lasting impression on the activity. We have a steely determination to blaze a trail and take the exhibition category to new heights.

For some it's getting to put on the wildest uniform in drum corps! There's a little magic in our yellow and black coats; an experience you'll never forget.

For some it's the thrill of performing with a group that's determined to "Give it all ya got." The feeling we get from performing with every last ounce of energy is a reward in itself.

But maybe the standing ovations and shouts from appreciative audiences will leave the most lasting impression on you. It's great to be beloved by so many in the stands. The adrenaline rush we get from connecting with the audience is without equal!

We are the legacy of Bobby Hoffman's philosophy. Bobby taught us "You get back what you put out." And we're out to give our all to turn on any audience.

This is a place to HAVE a good time and SHOW an audience a good time.

See for yourself what The Bridgemen offer. Come down to St. Andrew (4th Street and Broadway in Bayonne) on Sunday, February 11th at 12pm.

You don't want to feel like you missed out after seeing us live!

Go to Bridgemen.com to find out more.

History_Bmen80.jpg

Pictured: 1980 Bridgemen percussion, winners of DCI's top drumline honors.

Photo courtesy of Drum Corps World.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't wait ~ after this week . . .

i don't think i've wanted or needed to be around drum corps more.

i can't wait ~ after this week . . .

i don't think i've wanted or needed to be around drum corps more.

Sounds like you've had a tough week.

Drum corps is a reprieve from what we go through in our regularly-scheduled lives.

I also need our little sanctuary to get away for a few hours each month!

The 2007 Bridgemen have a GREAT show in store for audiences this year.

Our talented staff have put together a show that weaves together classic moments from our storied past. And classic moments of other great corps.

There'll be some zany antics and there'll be some hard-core drum corps that you've come to expect from us.

We're out to bump up the level of entertainment for audiences and we know we have the horses to run this race. We're bursting at the seams with talent in the line and in the form or our instructors. With talent like Dennis Delucia, Larry Kerchner, and Matt Hurley leading the charge, you KNOW you're in for a treat!

The 2007 show opens with Manuel de Falla's "Ritual Fire Dance/Sabre Dance," our 1978 opener that will showcase the dynamic capabilities of the brass and percussion lines. Keep your eyes on the lightning-fast color guard moves that embody the frantic, mysterious power of this showpiece.

Then "My Favorite Things" returns to the field this year. Larry Kerchner's 1973 classic will thrill audiences again with its jazzy spin on an old favorite. This chart works different flavors into an upbeat mix that just keeps building into the drum feature. When you think it can't get any better, the hornline unleashes a massive wall of sound to prove you wrong!

"A Chorus Line" pays tribute to 1976, that magical year when Bobby Hoffman first turned the Bridgemen into a progressive entertainment giant with a new approach to showmanship. Marvin Hamlisch's sweet melody calls to mind a moment from the Broadway show that lets us paint a sad, yet pretty color into the palette.

Earth, Wind & Fire's "In the Stone," is a musical celebration that showcases why we're so popular. This gem first arrived on the field in 1980 and remains a perennial favorite. We'll have audiences clapping along again as we manage to improve upon this funkadelic masterpiece.</p>

The outrageous "Mister Clown" will show off our soprano's daring triple-tonguing passages and harken back to our St. Andrew's glory days.

And "The William Tell Overture" (first played in 1972 and reprised in 1976 & 1978) returns to get the audience on their feet at the close of our show.

Sprinkled throughout the show will be "Great Moments in Drum Corps History," which will allow us to show why our activity is so very special to many of us. Announcing which songs of other corps we'll be playing would surely bring in a flood of new recruits. But we're duty-bound to hold some awesome surprises in store for audiences this summer. Just trust that we have some great entertainment in the works! There'll be some drama, sad/tender moments, some comedy, and some celebration.

The sexy, colorful guard will dazzle you with their exhuberance.

The drumline will demonstrate their prowess and hold your attention throughout.

The hornline will lead you through more mood changes than you thought possible for a senior corps.

What more can I say? The irreverant, fun-loving Bridgemen know how to have a blast.

Bayonne = good times. Make arrangements.

Bnr_Bmen07_Rcrt_DCP.gif

The 2007 Bridgemen have a GREAT show in store for audiences this year.

Our talented staff have put together a show that weaves together classic moments from our storied past. And classic moments of other great corps.

There'll be some zany antics and there'll be some hard-core drum corps that you've come to expect from us.

We're out to bump up the level of entertainment for audiences and we know we have the horses to run this race. We're bursting at the seams with talent in the line and in the form or our instructors. With talent like Dennis Delucia, Larry Kerchner, and Matt Hurley leading the charge, you KNOW you're in for a treat!

The 2007 show opens with Manuel de Falla's "Ritual Fire Dance/Sabre Dance," our 1978 opener that will showcase the dynamic capabilities of the brass and percussion lines. Keep your eyes on the lightning-fast color guard moves that embody the frantic, mysterious power of this showpiece.

Then "My Favorite Things" returns to the field this year. Larry Kerchner's 1973 classic will thrill audiences again with its jazzy spin on an old favorite. This chart works different flavors into an upbeat mix that just keeps building into the drum feature. When you think it can't get any better, the hornline unleashes a massive wall of sound to prove you wrong!

"A Chorus Line" pays tribute to 1976, that magical year when Bobby Hoffman first turned the Bridgemen into a progressive entertainment giant with a new approach to showmanship. Marvin Hamlisch's sweet melody calls to mind a moment from the Broadway show that lets us paint a sad, yet pretty color into the palette.

Earth, Wind & Fire's "In the Stone," is a musical celebration that showcases why we're so popular. This gem first arrived on the field in 1980 and remains a perennial favorite. We'll have audiences clapping along again as we manage to improve upon this funkadelic masterpiece.</p>

The outrageous "Mister Clown" will show off our soprano's daring triple-tonguing passages and harken back to our St. Andrew's glory days.

And "The William Tell Overture" (first played in 1972 and reprised in 1976 & 1978) returns to get the audience on their feet at the close of our show.

Sprinkled throughout the show will be "Great Moments in Drum Corps History," which will allow us to show why our activity is so very special to many of us. Announcing which songs of other corps we'll be playing would surely bring in a flood of new recruits. But we're duty-bound to hold some awesome surprises in store for audiences this summer. Just trust that we have some great entertainment in the works! There'll be some drama, sad/tender moments, some comedy, and some celebration.

The sexy, colorful guard will dazzle you with their exhuberance.

The drumline will demonstrate their prowess and hold your attention throughout.

The hornline will lead you through more mood changes than you thought possible for a senior corps.

What more can I say? The irreverant, fun-loving Bridgemen know how to have a blast.

Bayonne = good times. Make arrangements.

Bnr_Bmen07_Rcrt_DCP.gif

Man after reading that I think I'll join !!!!!!!!!!.....wait a sec......Im a member already....; )

I cant wait for next weekend........DRUMLINE start your engines !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hype

Rick

BRIDGEMEN INSTRUCTIONAL STAFF

Our hall of fame instructors have given their all to help bring us to the level of success we enjoy within the activity. The experience they bring to the table has helped make The Bridgemen such a rewarding experience for everyone involved!

Percussion (Drumline, Battery)

Arranger/Program Coordinator Dennis Delucia

Instructor Bob Dubinski

Instructor Pat Scollin

Instructor Ron Dolce

Instructor John Yurkin

Brass (Hornline)

Arranger Larry Kerchner

Caption Head Matt Krempasky

Instructor Dennis Argul

Instructor Gabe Gulino

Color Guard

Choreographer/Designer Matt Hurley

Instructor Claire Kronenfeld

Instructor Nancy DuCharme

Instructor Lisa Argul

Drill (Marching)

Designer George Lavelle

Instructor Bob Murray

Instructor George Ruse

Instructor Bob Haley

Instructor Jerome Kimbrough

Drum Majors (Conductors)

Jim Jordan

John Richard

Edited by attreides

*video's deleted*

I'd like to point out that all corps related vidoes (unless published by the corps itself or dci is considered under copyright laws and is NOT permitted to be posted on our forums.

I'd also like to ask that you all take a moment to read over our media posting policy.

thanks guys.

BRIDGEMEN INSTRUCTIONAL STAFF

Our hall of fame instructors have given their all to help bring us to the level of success we enjoy within the activity. The experience they bring to the table has helped make The Bridgemen such a rewarding experience for everyone involved!

Percussion (Drumline, Battery)

Arranger/Program Coordinator Dennis Delucia

Instructor Bob Dubinski

Instructor Pat Scollin

Instructor Ron Dolce

Instructor John Yurkin

Brass (Hornline)

Arranger Larry Kerchner

Caption Head Matt Krempasky

Instructor Dennis Argul

Instructor Gabe Gulino

Color Guard

Choreographer/Designer Matt Hurley

Instructor Claire Kronenfeld

Instructor Nancy DuCharme

Instructor Lisa Argul

Drill (Marching)

Designer George Lavelle

Instructor Bob Murray

Instructor George Ruse

Instructor Bob Haley

Instructor Jerome Kimbrough

Drum Majors (Conductors)

Jim Jordan

John Richard

And the always intense, and demanding Mr. Dubinski will be joining us for the weekend of February 10th, and 11th!

Be prepared to sweat a little, especially you drummers!

It's ALWAYS great when Bob is in town to "lead the charge"!!!