Is there a filter malfunction?

ScribeToo

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aaaannnnddd.. i'm no closer to understanding wtf is going on than I was this morning.

If you need to PM me with an answer, that's fine.. but I would really appreciate understanding why I now have a shotgun blast of "filter circumvention" wrist slaps on a post I made in which I did NOT circumvent any filters.

Thanks!

Stef

There will be an official announcement either tomorrow, or definitely by Friday. That's all I can say for now.

There will be an official announcement either tomorrow, or definitely by Friday. That's all I can say for now.

can you at least clear up why I've got "filter circumvention" on a post in which I DID NOT CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS??

This is very upsetting and I wish I could just get an answer or get the issue resolved.

I did NOT circumvent any filter. I LET the filter do it's job and now all over my post, I've got these RED COMMENTS that I've circumvented the filters.

I DID NO SUCH THING.

PLEASE address my question -- privately if you must but you must understand this is frustrating.

can you at least clear up why I've got "filter circumvention" on a post in which I DID NOT CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS??

This is very upsetting and I wish I could just get an answer or get the issue resolved.

I did NOT circumvent any filter. I LET the filter do it's job and now all over my post, I've got these RED COMMENTS that I've circumvented the filters.

I DID NO SUCH THING.

PLEASE address my question -- privately if you must but you must understand this is frustrating.

Will do, Stef.

This all seems rather suspect, all things considered.

Why do we have a filtering mechanism (asking for OT access) in place, sing the praises of the youth therein said forum as being more mature than the average "X" year old...yet we're going to start banning people for too many pound signs?

Expressing yourself without expletives is one thing, but in the heat of the moment...and especially WITH an active filter already in place, you do a dis-service to most of the posters here.

You already know this will not go over well. It will not be well-received, and there's going to be plenty of drawn out drama over this.

Rather than go that route, why don't we try to organize some sort of community discussion about what brought this about, or figure out how we can set self-imposed limits in the OT section.

Rather than being reactive on this stuff, perhaps being proactive might be cool. I haven't seen Rich or JohnD post at all really, unless its in response to something. Maybe the community can suprise you with its own solutions to the problem at hand.

I know, "if I don't like it, leave"...but just putting out there as food for thought.

I've made my statement regarding the issue:

Profanity/Vulgarity/Word Filter/Circumvention Guideline

Expressing yourself without expletives is one thing, but in the heat of the moment...and especially WITH an active filter already in place, you do a dis-service to most of the posters here.

Can you show me where is states that using profanity, vulgarity, etc is allowed because there is a word filter in-place? I'm not attempting to be smug, or difficult here, but quite frankly, as usual, most members only see the "green side of the pasture", which is no ones fault as their not privy to the contacts I receive on a daily basis regarding alot of issues, including the current discussion.

Can you show me where is states that using profanity, vulgarity, etc is allowed because there is a word filter in-place? I'm not attempting to be smug, or difficult here, but quite frankly, as usual, most members only see the "green side of the pasture", which is no ones fault as their not privy to the contacts I receive on a daily basis regarding alot of issues, including the current discussion.

I see where you're going with this...I don't have an answer, other than it seems to be a case of overkill to me. Then again, as you say, I don't know the whole story.

I think not having that knowledge is probably the stumbling block here.

I think not having that knowledge is probably the stumbling block here.

Perhaps.