Is there a filter malfunction?

ScribeToo

i'm curious about something.

I made a post and used some adult words -- but depended on the filters to # them out.

I checked it and it showed # signs so I thought, okay.. all good.

I went back into that thread later today and happened to see my post quoted by somebody else with some moderator "fixes" in red "edited for filter circumvention - mg" .. I thought for a moment somebody had quoted me and "fixed" my pound-outs.. but then I clicked the track-back to my original post.. lo and behold.. there it was! ...the trouble is, I didn't circumvent anything.. when I posted it, the filter had done it's job and pounded out the words I used.

Is there a new policy or am I missing something because I'm really confused right now. Are you guys saying we can't even use the words and let them be #ed out to protect the innocent?

Did you guys decide to change the filter replacement and if so, is that really necessary? After all, my words didn't get posted so I didn't circumvent any filter -- I was letting the filter do it's job. If I had altered the word and outsmarted the filter, then you could say I was circumventing.

Can one of you clear this up?

Thanks,

Stef

Edited by ScribeToo

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't read the last five pages in the club, lol... there's a new policy on the way. i don't know why the software did that, but uhh... yeah. the announcement has been "on it's way" for the past couple days.

Other people are getting band for using the * symbol and not even trying to trust the filter. . .

See Lee's post about LLMM.

Rich will be making an announcement simply to reclarify a guideline that is already in place for consistency purposes.

Other people are getting band for using the * symbol and not even trying to trust the filter. . .

See Lee's post about LLMM.

That's filter circumvention though - which is clearly written to be against the guidelines.

Stef's is something different entirely.

has someone thought about bringing this up over in CE before all insanity breaks out over there? :lol:

because as opposed to you have it out for *me* it will be you have it out for me because i'm with such and such a party again. :lol:

But filter circumvention is trying to post the curse word by spelling it differently or putting spaces or something. . . posting **** instead of #### isn't anything!!!!!!

It is when one or more of the letters is indicated instead of the entire word being bleeped out, so to speak.

Cool,,I missed this thread earlier.