I anxiously await the next "Big Thing"

What's the next Big Thing in Drum Corps?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. With all the controversy over the current and anticipated rules proposals, both passed and not passed, what do you think the next "Big Thing" will be?

• Live Animals (but they can't play instruments -- VISUAL ONLY)
    • Live Animals (can play instruments OR be on the visual team -- but must be able to carry their own equipment)
    • Live Animals with handlers who can carry their instruments (but the handlers are not counted as part of the membership)
    • Live Marsupials Only with handlers to carry their instruments (no membership impact)
    • Other (please be specific)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually the inclusion of electronics will lead to a major push for Robots (for real, the bleep-bleep-bloop kind).

...butttttt...the first all-Robot corps will anger the humans because they spend only 1 day "rehearsing" (a.k.a. being programed).

All musicians would be out of work then. ^0^

dang marsupials.

They're shady, I tell ya. You can't trust em.

Back in the 70s, Drum Corps News carried series of comics along these lines. DC went to a draft like sports leagues have, along with 2 sops for that bass drummer type trades. Then to the androids with lasers to check the straightness of lines, etc. Finally a group of humans marched like it was in the "good old days" and the crowd realized that the robots were cleaner but missing emotion when they played.

Comic ended with a riot when "Man Corps" (still remember the name) lost in a close one to the robot corps. B)

ha. thats great.

Let's lighten the mood a little, huh?

(O M G!! I KILL ME!)

:drool:

Stef

You're the only one Stef !! :P j/k

The next "Big Thing" Stef, we all wake up and find out the last ten years have been a dream and we are still using bugles and marching bands are paying full price to watch drum corps shows again !!!

Edited by ODBC

You're the only one Stef !! :P j/k

The next "Big Thing" Stef, we all wake up and find out the last ten years have been a dream and we are still using bugles and marching bands are paying full price to watch drum corps shows again !!!

... or not.. :doh:

OOOOHHH!! A tribute to Mr. Food!!