Favorite Old School Color Guard

Thats why one of them (an original trick flag) has had my back since '81.

Mine will be there for years to come too....congrats :laugh:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the shout-out on the Guardsmen! Yes, Bill and Jan were key ingredients for years. As a matter of fact, jan is organizing a reunion of the guard for this fall. I will never forget the winter of 1980-'81 when Guardsmen, Phantom and Cavaliers took turns beating each other at Midwest shows, then ended up 1-2-3 at WGI Finals in Syracuse.

Gary Stoodley

Schaumburg Guardsmen Soprano 1980

Winter Guard Instructor 1980, 1981, 1982

That was a great year. I had so much respect for both these two guards that year. We would beat them, they would beat us, it was so exciting because you never knew what the other guard had up its sleeve from week to week.

I have to say that Phantom of the middle to late seventies was one of my favorite next to 27th. Of course the Cavaliers are my favorite for obvious reasons, but I continue to like what that guard has done all the way to the present.

Edited by deftguy

Of course the Cavaliers are my favorite for obvious reasons, but I continue to like what that guard has done all the way to the present.

Alright T, this one's for you.....

guard1_300.jpg

I was so happy to see this thread.. to read it.. and be surprised and be in wonder about it.

Sincerely disappointed.

Sharon

:worthy: Why disappointed? I detect hurt feelings and don't see the slightest reason why.

27-the "Nancy "years

SCV-the bedposts. :)

I was so happy to see this thread.. to read it.. and be surprised and be in wonder about it.

Sincerely disappointed.

Sharon

If you want North Star listed here, all you have to do is post about them.

Hello

1974johnson2.jpg

So true. For me, Kingsmen are a lot like the Troopers. Sadly, I never had the privilege of seeing either in their prime (what I wouldn't give for a way-back machine), but their legend certainly speaks for itself.