Spirit, 2007.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, just remember: over 80% return rate. :P

Hmm....

I guess I'll never understand why that is such a great thing. I mean, I know its good because they know how the corps works and everything, but its also 80% of the kids that put you in 12th last year. Wouldn't a corps brag more about getting more (new) talent?

Is return rate really that great of a thing?

Nothing against Spirit, just thinking out loud I guess.

Hmm....

I guess I'll never understand why that is such a great thing. I mean, I know its good because they know how the corps works and everything, but its also 80% of the kids that put you in 12th last year. Wouldn't a corps brag more about getting more (new) talent?

Is return rate really that great of a thing?

Nothing against Spirit, just thinking out loud I guess.

Wow, you're a jerk. A high return rate for a "lower-tier" corps is a VERY good thing. You're getting kids who want to be there, and aren't just coasting somewhere until they find an opportunity to corps hop and try to get a ring or something. Honestly, there is more to this thing we call drum corps besides placements on finals night.

I didn't mean to be a jerk, and sadly, to alot of corps, there isn't much more than placing top 12 on finals night.

Like I said, just thinking out-loud.

No disrespect.

Hmm....

I guess I'll never understand why that is such a great thing. I mean, I know its good because they know how the corps works and everything, but its also 80% of the kids that put you in 12th last year.

Like that's such a terrible thing???????

I can think of about a dozen corps who wish they had been in that position.

OT: Milton HS stadium is a very nice stadium. Those attending the show in Atlanta will like the sunken field. It sits about 12 feet below the walk ways all around the stands and endzone entrances. You'll get a decent view from the side, not to mention the huge grass hill beside the stands where people will undoubtedly be sitting watching the other corps performances. I predict mass chaos trying to walk around the stadium thoug as there is just not much room for travel once people stand around and stop moving.

The band show held there this past fall is a testiment to the above stated items.

I wouldn't just call that opinion stupid. Some may consider it a valid point, and I don't think they were being a jerk. When you get down to it, it has logic to it. The trick is did this 80% improve in the off season...chances are...yes! If not, well, then they should have been cut.

But what do we do with that person that makes a corps let's say on 3rd part of anything...they get done with season 1 and they don't practice, they come back...does that mean they will automatically be awesome, well...NO!

Do we hope they will be yes, but it is not entirely likely that every vet will return at 100% There is no way to guarantee that.

I don't agree with the statement about "that's 80% that put you in 12th" but when I think about it and don't act like a tool...I don't attack people for expressing themselves.

Oh, and there have been many years where corps have had a high retention rate and the next year they suffer competively...so again, it's an honest opinion.