Would this make sense

I've said this before:

As a member of a corps that has yet to make a trip out to DCA, my entire DCA experience has been sitting in front of my computer waiting for scores to refresh - that's IT!!!!!

I have never seen a show except for those that I have attended on the west coast or performed in locally.

It think its absolutely absurd that we can't watch streaming video of shows as they happen.

Thank god for YouTube I guess.

unfortunately DCA doesn't have nearly the cash nor the fan support as DCI (for whatever reason) but I always thought that finals and or prelims should be shown in theaters just like DCI's are.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately DCA doesn't have nearly the cash nor the fan support as DCI (for whatever reason) but I always thought that finals and or prelims should be shown in theaters just like DCI's are.

WOW,It takes cash to do that?

Not so much,,I know some high school football teams that put their home games on streaming video and it doesent cost them a red cent except their monthly service fee.

All it would take would be a group of volunteers and a couple of cameras to do so.

WOW,It takes cash to do that?

Not so much,,I know some high school football teams that put their home games on streaming video and it doesent cost them a red cent except their monthly service fee.

All it would take would be a group of volunteers and a couple of cameras to do so.

Who do we know that could bring this a step closer? At least streaming could bring in some $$.

I have nothing to offer, I'm zillions of miles away, but if we could stream the Northern CA. DCA show with 3 California senior corps attending I'd glady dust off my Mini Digital recorder. Oh and a pretty cool Hi Res helmet Cam. Trav

Who do we know that could bring this a step closer? At least streaming could bring in some $$.

I have nothing to offer, I'm zillions of miles away, but if we could stream the Northern CA. DCA show with 3 California senior corps attending I'd glady dust off my Mini Digital recorder. Oh and a pretty cool Hi Res helmet Cam. Trav

Cooool. The "view from the field" cam. That would ROCK!!!

Cooool. The "view from the field" cam. That would ROCK!!!

That little camera has alot of really cool uses in drum corps, a judge could show you what he was talking about, a marching staff member or a drum major could wear it. I've just used it for Mountain Biking, although i tried it once in 2004 for drum corps I just couldn't get the mic to work. Trav

Edited by BD3BK2R2

Who do we know that could bring this a step closer?

Not trying to pass the buck but it would proabaly take someone at DCA to make this happen.

Permissions,copyrights and all would have to be addressed.That would take someone in a leader ship position to take the ball and run with it.

And there in lays the problem. In '06, the still cameras were off the field before Class A even finished competing at prelims. And the video cameras were offline before the last nine corps competed at prelims. It'll be kind hard to stream what never gets recorded to start with.

As far as shows, most people who compete in shows rarely see other corps. Unless you're lucky enough to be first on, and don't have to get out of dodge as soon as possible to get home before the work week starts. The only current way to see other corps is the know someone who knows someone who recorded it. Or to be there yourself as a spectator and not a competitor.

Unfortunately with only 24 on field competitors, that leaves half of the continental states without representatives. Except that some of those 24 come from the same state. And some even come from another country. Which leaves about 100+ countries and 25+ states without representation at DCA. Basically if you live in the .us, you have a greater than 50% of living in a state that doesn't even have a DCA corps. Much less living within 200 miles of a DCA show. Streaming makes sense, but it'd be nice to have more than 38 people in the stands at prelims first.

Streaming makes sense, but it'd be nice to have more than 38 people in the stands at prelims first.

you make it sound as if having so few people in the stands for pre-lims is a regular occurrence. <_<

that is FAR from the reality of the normal amount of DCA pre-lims spectators. the weather this year was also FAR from the normal for pre-lims. :doh::doh:

you make it sound as if having so few people in the stands for pre-lims is a regular occurrence. <_<

that is FAR from the reality of the normal amount of DCA pre-lims spectators. the weather this year was also FAR from the normal for pre-lims. :laugh::laugh:

Explain this clearly

clearly?

i thought it was fairly clear to begin with.

Shadow said that DCA needs to get more than 38 people in the stands at prelims before worrying about a webcast of prelims. my response to his claim is that prior to this year's prelims with the hurricane overhead, there's never been an issue of such a low attendance rate at DCA prelims.

by never i mean from my first DCA prelims in 1990 til this past year. i can't speak of what happened prior to 1990.

Shadow making it sound as if such low attendance is common for DCA prelims just isn't true fact. if it hadn't been for the hurricane there would have been a few thousand people in the stands i'm sure. if it had been a normal hurricane there would have been some people who chose not to go, but there still would have been better attendance than there was this year. but this was not a normal year, nor a normal hurricane for that matter. most hurricanes don't come in with freezing cold rains. that is what drove the people out of the stands.

to make it sound as if this is the norm for DCA just is not true.