Camp Updates

Not quite yet on that panic button. The video that our webmaster posted was unable to show everyone at the camp. Our numbers at camp were low yes, but unforutnately many members can not attend every camp. By my count we had:

30 horns (I'm on the drumline so I don't know if that was everybody but I'm sure we were missing people.)

23 Battery

8 Pit

10 colorguard (I know for a fact we have more guard girls lined up than this but many of them are involved with WGI and have weekend competitions that they must attend to.)

So yes, the number is low right now, but have patience. We're Irish and we never say die!

Edited by basscreaturetwo

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite yet on that panic button. The video that our webmaster posted was unable to show everyone at the camp. Our numbers at camp were low yes, but unforutnately many members can not attend every camp. By my count we had:

30 horns (I'm on the drumline so I don't know if that was everybody but I'm sure we were missing people.)

23 Battery

8 Pit

10 colorguard (I know for a fact we have more guard girls lined up than this but many of them are involved with WGI and have weekend competitions that they must attend to.)

So yes, the number is low right now, but have patience. We're Irish and we never say die!

Have you had more than that at all the other camps? Even those numbers seem low for Div 1

While the numbers may be a little low, it is definitely not time to hit the panic button (nor do I foresee a time in the near future where the panic button will be needed!). As with any winter camp, there were people missing from almost every section due to school conflicts, concerts, solo & ensemble, winter guard, etc... Talking to some of the staff, they all seem fairly comfortable with the numbers right now and genuinely excited about the upcoming season. There's a lot of excitement building around the corps and I think it's really going to show this season. That said, there's almost always a spot for someone to march with Pioneer, and I encourage anyone who's still interested in marching this year to at least check out some of the videos that we've posted to our Pioneerland YouTube Channel to find out what Pioneer is really all about.

As with any winter camp, there were people missing from almost every section due to school conflicts, concerts, solo & ensemble, winter guard, etc... Talking to some of the staff, they all seem fairly comfortable with the numbers right now and genuinely excited about the upcoming season. That said, there's almost always a spot for someone to march with Pioneer, and I encourage anyone who's still interested in marching this year to at least check out some of the videos that we've posted to our Pioneerland YouTube Channel to find out what Pioneer is really all about.

To reiterate and clarify: Our brass numbers are up..... not where we COULD be (Hey, we have busses and instruments for a full corps!) or where they will be. We have a number of recruitment camps scheduled over the coming months, so we plan to round the brass and guard numbers up some more.

And yes, it might sound trite, but I am really excited about the potential of this corps. The staff is popping, the kids are GREAT, and the administration is hitting on all cylinders. Yes, we still have room for more brass and guard members and would invite anyone who's interested to check us out on the web at www.pioneer-corps.org, come to a camp or contact anyone with Pioneer on the corps' forum.

I would hope that anyone who might be interested in marching, but may not think they have the money, ability or what not will contact a corps and march! There's a spot out there for you. Desire goes a long way, but only if you act upon it.

Best of luck to everyone this summer.

At the risk of turning this into a pump-up Pioneer thread, I'd like to share my impressions as an outsider who had a chance to spend some time at the Pioneer camp this past weekend. Regardless of the numbers, this is a corps that's no-nonsense into preparing a show, and has the enthusiasm and means to go on tour and provide a stellar experience for every member. This show is going on the road, and the more the merrier!

With the resources that Pioneer has at hand, I think that anyone thinking about marching who does not currently have a spot somewhere would be foolish not to take advantage of the opportunity that Pioneer offers to be a part of an astonishingly close-knit (and welcoming) family and to provide solid musical development. It's probably safe to say Pioneer isn't going to be vying for a top 6 spot in Pasadena, but rehearsing as a part of the corps for 6-12 hours a day every day of the week for 2-1/2 months will build anyone's skills far better than sitting in front of the tube will... there's a whole lot more to drum corps than Saturday night at finals.

Plus it's the last place in Div I to march with G bugles! :laugh:

Edited by sdstar

To reiterate and clarify: Our brass numbers are up..... not where we COULD be (Hey, we have busses and instruments for a full corps!) or where they will be. We have a number of recruitment camps scheduled over the coming months, so we plan to round the brass and guard numbers up some more.

And yes, it might sound trite, but I am really excited about the potential of this corps. The staff is popping, the kids are GREAT, and the administration is hitting on all cylinders. Yes, we still have room for more brass and guard members and would invite anyone who's interested to check us out on the web at www.pioneer-corps.org, come to a camp or contact anyone with Pioneer on the corps' forum.

I would hope that anyone who might be interested in marching, but may not think they have the money, ability or what not will contact a corps and march! There's a spot out there for you. Desire goes a long way, but only if you act upon it.

Best of luck to everyone this summer.

If brass numbers are up at 30 that sounds like a pretty small horn line. Do you think it is because of music? I really hope they do well. i have enjoyed watching them at times but it sounds like the horn line is smaller by 25 to 30 members to everyone else! Keep plugging away.

If brass numbers are up at 30 that sounds like a pretty small horn line. Do you think it is because of music? I really hope they do well. i have enjoyed watching them at times but it sounds like the horn line is smaller by 25 to 30 members to everyone else! Keep plugging away.

30 or so at camp. Some students were missing for other school activities.

The more the merrier....and louder. Loud is good! Right?

30 or so at camp. Some students were missing for other school activities.

The more the merrier....and louder. Loud is good! Right?

Bobby Patrick?!?!?

Visual Caption Head?!?!?!?

As someone who used to march next to you.......... YIKES!!!!!!!!!! :sshh: :sshh: :sshh:

Heh, lol.

Hope all is well and hope to see you on the road somewhere this summer.

Edited by BbTrpt1

Bobby Patrick?!?!?

Visual Caption Head?!?!?!?

As someone who used to march next to you.......... YIKES!!!!!!!!!! :sshh: :sshh: :sshh:

Heh, lol.

Hope all is well and hope to see you on the road somewhere this summer.

Heh.... Larry, you SO funny!

I hope we do run into each other this summer. Been awhile. I'll be on the road through San Antonio for sure, possibly until Indy, depending on when school starts down here. Alabama schools have a nasty habit of being in class the first of August.

Hope to bump into you this summer.

Bobby

Well....back to camp updates, heres one with an actual recording. Check it out.

http://www.yea.org/site/News2?page=NewsArt...ws_iv_ctrl=1002