Drum Corps Survivor - 2006

siLk

Drum Corps Survivor - Round 4  

320 members have voted

1. 1. Which corps do you want to vote off the island?

• Phantom Regiment
    • Blue Devils
    • Bluecoats
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Blue Knights
    • Carolina Crown
    • Madison Scouts
    • Glassmen
    • Spirit from JSU

That would be OK, but I believe everytime this goes around SCV ends up winning the million.

I think SCV's show was the 2nd most overhyped show EVER! (only behind the Coats of this season as well) So after I get the Coats out (which looks to be next round (sweet) I'm hunting Vanguard. '06 was haneous. As far as this little competiton goes, I'm pulling for MY champion of '06 BLUE DEVILS.

Cheers, :drool:

Sean

w/Stp:

Edited by SeanOwenSullivan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'06 was haneous.

What exactly was "heinous" about it?

What exactly was "heinous" about it?

Great question. “Heinous” is certainly a strong choice of words (even when spelled incorrectly) for a drum corps show. It's not like SCV slaughtered people on the field... instead, marched what I thought was one of the most interesting and creative drills of the season.

Crown, SCV and BD were in my top five but it looks like they are in most everybody's top five. They haven't received many votes in any of the polls.

Edited by patblamo

When all else fails, attack spelling. The guy marching around the field and did nothing. I get how it related to the 'theme' of the show but I'd be willing to bet most ppl watching him march around the field and paid no attention to the marching of the corps. As I saw SCV 3 times last season, all 3 shows, ppl around me asked "who was that guy marching around the field?" in a very confused manner. There was no climax to the show musically. Marching was great. Don't get me wrong. It just didn't do it for me. It's my opinon. Lay off. :) That's what I find weird in drum corps and especially on DCP. If you disagree with the appeal of a show, you're wrong.

Cheers, :drool:

Sean

w/Stp:

Edited by SeanOwenSullivan

No one's saying you had to like the show, and that you mustn't have any sense not to like it, just that heinous is a rather strong choice of word.

The guy marching around the field and did nothing. I get how it related to the 'theme' of the show but I'd be willing to bet most ppl watching him march around the field and paid no attention to the marching of the corps.

The guys got injured during the season is this was a way they could let him continue to be a part of the corps.

I say BRAVO to SCV for doing that. Class.

again BK

Went with Spirit.

Enjoyed the music but overall show and program, especially visual design, don't compare with corps above.

Liked BK alright. Had bad seats, way off to the side, the night I saw them so didn't get the best read of the show.

Glassmen and Madison will be next for me. Each show had some good moments. But each was somewhat disapointing.

My favoirites:

Phantom

Cavaliers

SCV

Crown

Blue Devils- not a Godfather person, but they performed well as always

Blue Knights

Blue Coats