NEW ALL-AGE CORPS IN CHICAGO

For those that were asking YES RA is alive and well. Actually better than ever now that all the problems that plagued RA for 3 years is now gone. Good possibilty you might see 3 new Alumni corps in the next couple years. RA, MOB and Classic Cavies.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that were asking YES RA is alive and well. Actually better than ever now that all the problems that plagued RA for 3 years is now gone. Good possibilty you might see 3 new Alumni corps in the next couple years. RA, MOB and Classic Cavies.

The former director may be gone, but to say that the current RA is "better than ever"?

Out with the old and in with the new !!!

Good Luck to both RA and MOB !!!

AMEN!

AMEN!

Hey Billy,

Good to see you at camp and on DCP.

I had a great time this past weekend and thought Kenny Norman did a super job teaching the line. His charts of Basin Street, Floatin' Down To Cotton Town, Rockabye Your Baby and Splanky are going to rock!

I would like to extend an invitation to others who might be interested in getting involved with the Midwest's newest all age exhibition corps to stop by the next Men of Brass rehearsal. Details to follow.

I checked out the two RA websites mentioned in this thread. MOB is advertised on the front page of one.

I don't get it. Is there a difference between the Royalairs and CHICAGO Royalairs?

Are there 2 organizations now?

There is presently only one Chicago Royal Airs Corps. What I think is confusing you is that there are two Royal Airs' websites. The website referencing the MOB is run by Bob Doran, who participated in the past with both the RA Junior & Reunion/Alumni Corps. The other RA website is run by the Chicago Royal Airs Senior Exhibition Corps, which is still presently active.

Can women join, or is it an all-male corps?

Name's a little odd if it's co-ed.

Yes, this is a co-ed corps, we have women in all sections.

The corps name came from the original McHenry Men of Brass which was an all male senior corps back in the 60's that was formed after a merger between the Skokie Indians and McHenry Red Devils.

From a former Connection member, I sure wish I was there with you guys. I sure do remember that quartet in the picture at the start of this thread. My memory about the song fails me though.

Myyyy kind of town, Chicago is, myyyy kind of town....

Thom (one of the lead sopranos) :grouphug: