Cavaliers

This thread is really pointless... I'm sure EVERY drum corps has thrown candy at retreat, if not worse things. This thread should be closed.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a very nice drum corps.

I'm sure EVERY drum corps has thrown candy at retreat, if not worse things.

Thats quite an assumption...

Thats quite an assumption...

Maybe I should rephrase that...

I'm sure EVERY drum corps has thrown candy at retreat, at one point or another... I dunno about worse things... my bad

I've stood side by side with a group of Kilties as they puffed away on their cigars and told humorous adult jokes.

While trooping the stands - I watched a Kilty sop place his cigar through the pinky ring on his sop and answer a call on his cell phone...and I thought it was hillarious - they're a senior corps, they have their own standards. :)

Don't get me wrong - the Cavaliers were hillarious at retreat - and the best part is that no one in the stands was really aware of it. I was in one of those corps that were solid as a rock, and it was all I could do not to laugh at some of their antics.

Good that someone out there was having fun - back when we had retreat after just about every show it was the little things that kept you sane. here's to lost traditions

Maybe I should rephrase that...

I'm sure EVERY drum corps has thrown candy at retreat, at one point or another... I dunno about worse things... my bad

I've never thrown candy. :wub:

Good that someone out there was having fun - back when we had retreat after just about every show it was the little things that kept you sane. here's to lost traditions

And that really was the game. How much could you get away with, without anyone in the stands knowing what was going on. No harm in it that I can see.

This thread is really pointless... I'm sure EVERY drum corps has thrown candy at retreat, if not worse things. This thread should be closed.

no, every corps has NOT thrown candy at retreat.

if we'd thrown candy, I'm sure we'd have been running laps or something for it the next day, so please don't generalize statements which you cannot back up.

that said, I don't much care. In fact, after the Toledo show (all star review) we rehearsed the next day there before going wherever was next, and all I remember was finding candy everywhere during rehearsal and being way excited. :wub:

and as for thread closing, there is no need as it's a legit discussion.

so as long as no one violates any rules, carry on.