Yard Lines for finals in Rochester

So as we approach the upcoming season, it would be nice to actualy get to Pre-lims in Rochester this year and find that there will be yard lines, yard markers, and hash marks for EVERY corps, and not just the top 10's. I know it was raining during pre-lims last year, but I also know that they started relining the field as soon as certain corps were done. If corps actually want to stay on as DCA members, these are some of the things they might want to think about for 2007. Everyone deserves a fair shot.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying you don't have a fair point, because the field was "less than ideal" when Frontier went on.

But I'm wondering if it would have even been possible to reline the field earlier. We marched in a monsoon. It was raining sideways after we'd been told there was a "tornado warning" about an hour earlier. When the relining occured, I was back at the hotel warming up by sitting by the hot tub and no longer paying attention to the weather - so I dunno for sure. But, I think the weather got better as the day progressed, right?

And I certainly agree with you that "Everyone deserves a fair shot"...

So as we approach the upcoming season, it would be nice to actualy get to Pre-lims in Rochester this year and find that there will be yard lines, yard markers, and hash marks for EVERY corps, and not just the top 10's. I know it was raining during pre-lims last year, but I also know that they started relining the field as soon as certain corps were done. If corps actually want to stay on as DCA members, these are some of the things they might want to think about for 2007. Everyone deserves a fair shot.

Or better yet, go old school and just have them lay down a 50 and let us handle the rest! :P

Are we really rehashing this again? (no pun intended)

Being a member of one of those top 10 corps, I think I can speak for a lot of those corps when I say that our lines were pretty much non-existant as well. A hurricane will do that.

Back in the 1960's and 1970's we didn't concern ouselves with yard lines so much. But then we marched elbow to elbow.....had an awarness where we were at all times and just concentrated on playing and performing....(o.k. just an old Phart remembering how it was......) Back to your regular program.....I need a Nap anyway.... :drool:

Not to be disrespectful, but I have to laugh a little bit here. Even when they "relined" the field, the hurricane winds and rain washed the lines off before the next corps could go on. I don't think I would believe it had I not seen it with my own two eyes for prelims. not having lines is much better than not having lines AND slipping through 2ndbase/3rdbase/pitchers mound. b**bs

we noticed the lack of cones/markers for prelims and brought them to the manager's meeting the next day and offered ours to the contest committee.

I'm sure these issues are resolved.

Edited by Brent

Thanks for confirming my point, Brent. :)

rather than complaining ona public forum, why not just shoot an email of your concerns, (though he most likely has already addressed them for next year) to the man in charge...I BELIEVE that's Allen Buell, but I could be wrong.......