Can't view certain topics

Based on the screen shot that Liz sent me - it appears that the browser lost the 'session' information. Each time you log into the site, a session ID is created that identifies you and the permissions you have for access, posting, Off-Topic forums, etc. Without that session information - you're a 'stranger' to the system with no priviledges.

One thing that really stands out to me is that she was using the AOL Internet Browser. Its a well-known fact that AOL does a number of things to "optimize performance" ... and causing all sorts of strange behaviours. I would look at this first - and wonder if others that are having this same problem are using the AOL Browser.

My first recommendation is to LOOSE the AOL Browser and use Firefox instead. You can still use AOL for all of your applications and browsing. However, you'll find that more sites will work more reliably if you use Firefox as your internet browser. Its a free download at www.firefox.com.

Try that - then let us know, please.

Thanks

-john

Seems that this has repaired itself for the moment. I haven't had any problems in about 4 days.

Had one the other night, backed out and tried a few minutes later with no problems.

Ain't computers fun. ampssuck

And yeah I have AO-H-E-double hockey sticks <$1 to Radar O'Reilly> at home.....