Nancy, tell us it ain't so!!

And you didn't miss much at prom. You saw a whole lot more on the bus, on the floor, and in ensemble rehearsal! So did us guys.

:P Funny about seeing a whole lot more on the bus, etc. I'm still finding out things that were happening - I was naive in a few areas and still :grouphug: can't believe stories. But you're so right, we had so much fun on the bus, in the gym - so many laughs my face used to hurt.

Unfortunately, we were still at home on prom night, so as I was riding to practice, we passed by many people leaving their houses. However, I really wasn't in to high school as much as drum corps! The last high school affair I went to was the sophomore dance.

I worked from 13 on - at 13 just a little summer job at the high school, but the Reveries weren't touring then.

As I got older, I needed to show Merrill Lynch what the corps meant to me. I was very lucky and thankful that they gave me 4 summers off.

In 1976 we left for tour prior to the school year ending, and we each had to go into the principals office to ask his permission. He loved the corps so it was no problem.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up my old life (which was for the better) and every pay-check I had received between May 2001 and July 2002.

I sacrificed virgin girls.

I am no longer welcome in Canada.

Seriously, I sacrificed cash, and my summer vacation laying on my backside. That's about it, really.

I gained that pride that comes with marching in Drum Corps. Well, really it's all about bragging rights:

<I show up to Band Camp>

Drummer1: So Pete, what did you do this summer? Didn't see you at the Woodburn show.

Drummer2: Yeah, I was in a marching band. You shoulda joined. It was fun.

Me: Yeah. I just took a trip.

Sister in Pit: Just tell them, or I will.

Drum2: What?

Me: Got this roll developed. Here, check it out.

Drum1: . . . . .

Drum2: . . . . .

Me: HAH! Beat that! I marched! DRUM CORPS, BABY!

Sis: You don't need to rub it in.

Drum1: I worked all summer... :(

Bragging Rights. It's what Drum Corps is all about! ^0^

EDIT:

But in return i get a huge vaction across like 10 states
That line cracks me up! Vacation...hehheheheh.... Edited by Disco Pete