Jersey Surf featured in this week's Fanfare column

It takes two to tango

Just in time to be a little over three weeks late for Valentines Day, it's another "Love Connection" Fanfare article, a valuable recurring theme in the Fanfare stable. This one is about how the tango brought together two pairs of members of Jersey Surf. Enjoy.

If you have anything you'd like to contribute to a future Fanfare, please drop me a line at boomike@dci.org. I'd love to get more contributions from members of Division II & III corps.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes two to tango

Just in time to be a little over three weeks late for Valentines Day, it's another "Love Connection" Fanfare article, a valuable recurring theme in the Fanfare stable. This one is about how the tango brought together two pairs of members of Jersey Surf. Enjoy.

If you have anything you'd like to contribute to a future Fanfare, please drop me a line at boomike@dci.org. I'd love to get more contributions from members of Division II & III corps.

Nice article. Thanks!

Definately a fun moment to watch from the stands last summer. No surprise that the young people on the field were enjoying themselves, too. Any thing for drum corps, right, guys? B)

Have a great time out there again this summer. Go, Surf!

Hope a few more Division II and III people send you some stuff for your column. Always good reading.

still really bummed about my cash situation this year. Would have LOVED to march there this summer :(

Hope a few more Division II and III people send you some stuff for your column. Always good reading.

For those who haven't seen my prior requests, I've asked for that more than once. I can't run something on Division II & III corps unless folks send me something. Let's get the division more publicity and let more people know about the great things going on in that part of the activiity!

boomike@dci.org

So much fun! I loved reading that. There were soo many more "tango couples" throughout the season, but most of them didn't last past the summer, of course. The sops were so hesitant at first - the staff always had us "pulling the passion out of them," but it ended up working - especially for the lucky trumpets in the article, right? :P Some of the weapons were partners with girls but regardless we all always had so much fun rehearsing the drum break, especially with all the different changes we added to the tango throughout the season. Thanks for putting the article up!

The Bridgemen LOVE The Jersey Surf!

They're a committed group of performers who give their all at every show.

The talent in their line is amazing and we see them going far in years to come.

We look forward to seeing them at our home show again!

Bnr_Bmen_TOS07_DCP.gif

... They're a committed group of performers who give their all at every show ...

This came through loud and clear all season in every performance I had the pleasure to watch last summer ... and I saw quite a few ... from beginning to end. I hope to attend at least as many this year.

One of the things I like about this corps ... and all the corps in Division II and III ... is watching how they grow, how hard the work, how much they accomplish together in a few short weeks. So many are there just for the passion to perform, with the talent to build, the readiness to learn, the will to achieve and the determination to take their show to the limit. It makes for really good drum corps.

Jersey Surf is a good group of people. Always cheerful and always giving one heck of a performance. They keep their shoes outside the box but still use music we know and love, which is nice :)

Gotta love the Surf. I didn't get to catch them this summer, but hopefully 07 will bring me to more shows.