Wagering allowed?

OK, I finally got a taker on my Crossmen bet. I was talking smack that Texas' newest, latest attempt at Division I DCI would result in a 10th-place or better result in 2007. Boz took me up on that in the Crossmen thread and we have wagered a Dr Pepper. I say 10th, Boz thinks 12th or 11th tops. We are also working out details on a side bet on spread from 10th-15th--I'll keep you posted. He says 2.0 or less from 10th to 15th. I say no, and I wagered a 6-pack of suds based strictly on last year's 6.0 spread from 10-15.

Still waiting to hear back from dcifan2002 on the Dr Pepper bet--he says single digits for Xmen, I draw the limit at 10th. DP on the line.

So here's the deal, Crossmen--I hate to lose bets. Mostly because I usually do just that and it grinds on a man after a while. So since most of you are Texans, lets speak our language. I'll hang out the incentive that if you guys prove me right and leapfrog back into finals and secure 10th or higher, I'll ship you guys Dublin Dr Pepper to finals retreat at the Rose Bowl.

For all the untrained, uninformed, and un-Texan, Dublin DP uses Imperial Cane Sugar, not that cheap corn syrup crap found in everything else. "Brewed" only in Dublin, TX, southwest of Ft Worth.

So there it is--BOOM! Just think the touching story it will make on the DCI cinecast and telecast! Of course, if you place 9th I lose and have to both send you guys Dublin DP and dcifan2002 a DP--but I win the bet with Boz!!

Any other bets? I can only take so many, so if someone posts one that you'll take, feel free.

And keep it nice--this is meant purely for fun. (at least until Geoff deletes the thread for violating gambling laws, or some such) And no, I won't ship Shiner to the Rose Bowl, so don't even ask.

I've got to throw down an endorsement for Dublin Dr. Pepper!! To someone who likes regular Dr. Pepper, the first-taste difference is profound. You'll be spoiled. Tejas Xmen need to educate the eastern vets about the virtues of what's on the line here. Nice job Silver'bone! :mmm:

Dan

Edited by AnnouncerMonkey

I just want to know if the DP comes in glass bottles there!

I've been searching for a real DP for years.

I just want to know if the DP comes in glass bottles there!

I've been searching for a real DP for years.

Ask and ye shall receive!

http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/drpepper/

Only Dublin DP is still available in glass bottles. Mmmm! Bottoms up! See, Tab just isn't the same.

Ooooh. Awesome--I'm on it!

I'll ship you guys Dublin Dr Pepper to finals retreat at the Rose Bowl

Texan Xmen need to educate out-of-staters about this Texan treasure :)

Shipping Dublin to them SHOULD be enough motivation to make first. Add in some Blue Bell too.

Edited by OboeBrad

Side note: Any that are interested in pure cane sugar soft drinks need only check out their local mom and pop mexican grocery. A lot of the little stores import the stuff from Mexico, since it is hard to find up here. Most soft drink companies have official regions and use corn syrup, but the Mexican bottlers aren't held to the american region strongholds.

Usually you can find "mexican coke" (uhh yes...coca cola), but maybe they have others as well.