Spring Finals Predictions

haha. its just chester, he wouldnt hurt anyone.

go to youtube and type in sifl and olly. great tv show, R.I.P. to it.

Oh geeze! ... pure silliness that show is.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's NOT about score or ranking, why did you feel so compelled to say it was the best 6th place show to make finals?

Obviously, if the judges thought the show was the best, it would be first. In this case, best means it's a crowd favorite, I've always thought that was the goal for Madison, to put on the most enjoyable show possible, regardless of score.

Then why did you mention 6th place and finals? I thought it wasn't about score or ranking.

It was to prove a point that the show was enjoyable despite not being the highest ranking. I don't care if we make 1st or 14th, I want to see a standing ovation that starts early and pushes into the next corps' show (a la JC Superstar 1999, a 6th place show, I should point out).

Edited by MelloPrano

Obviously, if the judges thought the show was the best, it would be first. In this case, best means it's a crowd favorite, I've always thought that was the goal for Madison, to put on the most enjoyable show possible, regardless of score.

It was to prove a point that the show was enjoyable despite not being the highest ranking. I don't care if we make 1st or 14th, I want to see a standing ovation that starts early and pushes into the next corps' show (a la JC Superstar 1999, a 6th place show, I should point out).

Top 5 best show endings ever.

I don't see any hands...

That's because your looking at a computer screen.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh. :P

poor bluecoats try and make a push this year, and dont even wind up in semis. rough.

edit- actually, let me rephrase it so that it more accurately represents something that ol' jazzycat1 would say, if he came across a similar thread.

DUDE. no bluecoats anywhere???? youre ####### mistaken. youre going to look pretty stupid come finals week, theyre a hungry corps who isnt going to let the critics get to them. what a bunch of idiots you dcp people are. prepare to be proven wrong. GET A LIFE, FIGURE IT OUT....do something. put them on the list or else your children will die young of a mysterious illness that will devastate you and your loved ones.

Actually I didn't mean to leave the Bluecoats out. They'll be close to the top, probably right after the Troopers! :worthy:

Actually I didn't mean to leave the Bluecoats out. They'll be close to the top, probably right after the Troopers! :worthy:

dont worry, i was being sarcastic anyway. for what its worth, in case anyone thought otherwise, i really am indifferent to what i see in early season predictions. that sounds pretentious and all, but i just wanted to mention it for anyone who might possibly take my posts on these threads seriously.

True true.

Though predictions are fun, we can't get butt hurt about what others say ... I mean seriously, for fun you should look at the predictions for the 2006 season. How many were correct (or even close)? .... I'd say maybe 1 out of 50 were. I mean most had Crossmen back in finals and about 8th? ... Some had BK in 14th and they came out in 7th .... some had madison having a "Come back year", which it was a good show but didn't end up to where they are used to being ... I read a couple, with Crown in top 6 .... ANYTHING can happen thats what is so exciting. We will never know, and I have learned that even looking at a corps' history of placements had no account either ... its what the staff does with the show, the kids do with it, and how the judges interpret it.

PS Good luck to all, and I can't wait to be on tour ( I need a break from school, fast )!!!!

Edited by brassdrumguard

1st-21th no particular order. Blue Devils, Blue Knights, Bluecoats, Boston, Blue Stars, Carolina Crown, Colts, Crossmen, Glassmen, Madison Scouts, Mandarins, Pacific Crest, Academy, Phantom Regiment, Pioneer, SCV, Seattle Cascades, Spirit, Cadets, CAvies, Troopers. If i forgot anyone add a number and the name. this is the best prediction ever. YOU CANNOT MAKE PREDICTIONS BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT THE JUDGES. THEY CHOOSE WHAT THEY LIKE. :beer: