Marion Cadets Fold Again

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to sychronize definitions (like the commandos synchronizing watches in the old WWII movies. in 3... 2... 1...). :laugh:

My version....

Inactive - some kinda management still in place and/or equipment still ready to be used if warm bodies come back.

Folded/disbanded - equipment sold off and maybe (in this legalistic age) paperwork to dis-solve group has been filed.

Annnnnd of course any combination of the above is possible so my definitions don't mean ####. ^0^ Corps I was with took one from the folded definition in '74 and one from inactive in '84 but not both from the same definition from what I understand.

Does Marion still have the equipment ready or has anything been sold to pay any bills? (Jes' wondering)

Time to sychronize definitions (like the commandos synchronizing watches in the old WWII movies. in 3... 2... 1...). :laugh:

My version....

Inactive - some kinda management still in place and/or equipment still ready to be used if warm bodies come back.

Folded/disbanded - equipment sold off and maybe (in this legalistic age) paperwork to dis-solve group has been filed.

Annnnnd of course any combination of the above is possible so my definitions don't mean ####. ^0^ Corps I was with took one from the folded definition in '74 and one from inactive in '84 but not both from the same definition from what I understand.

Does Marion still have the equipment ready or has anything been sold to pay any bills? (Jes' wondering)

All of their equipment is still at their ready for when the corps returns in 2008. There are no plans to sell any equipment in the near future as it will be needed for the return in 2008. For those wondering, the corps has NOT folded, it is just inactive at the present time while they rebuild.

All of their equipment is still at their ready for when the corps returns in 2008. There are no plans to sell any equipment in the near future as it will be needed for the return in 2008. For those wondering, the corps has NOT folded, it is just inactive at the present time while they rebuild.

Where is the parade unit they said they were going to have in the interview in the Marion Star.Did it go inactive also.

Where is the parade unit they said they were going to have in the interview in the Marion Star.Did it go inactive also.

Plans are underway at this time to form a parade unit to do some parades and a few exhibitions sometime durring the summer and fall.

Plans are underway at this time to form a parade unit to do some parades and a few exhibitions sometime durring the summer and fall.

This is nothing but a joke, in any other normal corps the director and staff would have been fired the 2nd time a corps folded let alone 3 times.I know 2 kids in the area that have called for info and was told they would get a call back as soon as the director came back and did not happen.What happened to the indoor drumline and guard that was posted last spring.This drum corps has been funded by the the Marion community for over 50 yrs. and before you say bingo those are Marion people playing and thats Marion money.Someone needs to take responsability for their actions and be fired.

This is nothing but a joke, in any other normal corps the director and staff would have been fired the 2nd time a corps folded let alone 3 times.I know 2 kids in the area that have called for info and was told they would get a call back as soon as the director came back and did not happen.What happened to the indoor drumline and guard that was posted last spring.This drum corps has been funded by the the Marion community for over 50 yrs. and before you say bingo those are Marion people playing and thats Marion money.Someone needs to take responsability for their actions and be fired.

I am sorry for saying the F word. Actually when I talk about Glassmen History, I call the period between 1976-79 the Long sleep. Here is what happened when the Glassmen was awaken from their long sleep. Maybe this will give someone an idea on what to do next to bring The Marion Cadets back to the Drum and Bugle Corps Community. From 76-79 We had no Corps Dir. I don't even know if we had a BoD during this time. In other words hardly nothing was in place at this time. There came a point in time when a handfull of Glassmen Alumni said Enough All Ready. They meet in each others houses. So in 1979 this group of Glassmen Alumni, along with long term Supporters of the Glassmen Family, and the local VFW Post started to bring the Glassmen back to life. Before they could ask anyone to come back home. They first had to get the house of Glassmen in order. Let's just say, there had to be a repair or two done to our house. And they were repaired. Next it was time to call everyone home. And they did. And they did come back. Remember, there was no internet back in the day. They did it by calling people, writing people, going to people's home. Getting the local paper ( The Blade) to do a write up. And of course, word to mouth. There were many members that was there in 76 and came back in 79. I tell you this story because one day there may come a time when a group of Marion Cadets Alumni, and Loyal Supporters say Enough All Ready. Because of the love a handfull of Glassmen Alumni had for the Glassmen Family in 79. The Glassmen are who they are today. Just one man's thoughts.