Cascades' 2007 Show Announced

I heard rumors of a certain D1 drum corps buying the rights to that show so they can perform it in 2010.

No lie.

:lol:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah, Postcard is by Frank Ticheli? I've been playing it for the past month and never realized that!

And our closer is by Philip Glass? I should probably pay a little more attention to the music I'm playing.

Cascades were originally going to play O Magnum Mysterium for the ballad, but things didn't quite work out. It's too bad, O Magnum is a really awesome song. Sleep is a good ballad too, though. I should know, I played it in '04. Kinda weird marching it again...

Cascades were originally going to play O Magnum Mysterium for the ballad, but things didn't quite work out. It's too bad, O Magnum is a really awesome song. Sleep is a good ballad too, though. I should know, I played it in '04. Kinda weird marching it again...

What O Magnum Nysterium? There's about a 1000 out there as it was a regularly sung piece for Mass prior to vatican II.

The most famous/common one sung by chorale groups is the Thomas Lassus Victoria.

What O Magnum Nysterium? There's about a 1000 out there as it was a regularly sung piece for Mass prior to vatican II.

The most famous/common one sung by chorale groups is the Thomas Lassus Victoria.

The one that most wind ensembles and choirs play/sing is the arrangement by Morten Lauridsen. I hear it is on that special list of pieces not to arrange, and the publisher will not give permission to do so.

Three was also to be the KK show last year. But was using different music. I know someone explained to me the significance of 3, but I really don't recall it. Interesting music. Played 2/3. Not a fan of Postcard particularly and sleep is great, but have never been impressed when I've seen it on a field. But, best of luck Cascades.

Yeah, because Esperanza did "Five" in 2004, being that they were five years old. Other than the title being of numerical value, I don't see any similarities in the repertoire being used.

Esperanza's "Five" also used music by Philip Glass( Heroes symphony) and Eric Whitacre (October).

just to clear that up.

:P