Drumline software

what is the best software for writing (making look more professional) my perc. book? thanks!!

Im not a percussion guy, but from my friend who is i have gotten nothing but good reviews of virtual drumline 2.

Im not a percussion guy, but from my friend who is i have gotten nothing but good reviews of virtual drumline 2.

Virtual Drumline is not a music notation program. It is a sound library.

I personally do all of my writing with Sibelius. I find it a lot more user friendly and easier to use for percussion notation.

Virtual Drumline is not a music notation program. It is a sound library.

I personally do all of my writing with Sibelius. I find it a lot more user friendly and easier to use for percussion notation.

which sibelius do you have...i've noticed that there are many versions....is "Sibelus Student" good enough?

I use the regular full version. Depending on how much writing you do, Sibelius Student could be OK. It has limits and doesn't have as many features. It limits you to 8 staves but should still give you the basics.

Just remember, you get what you pay for so you might want to go ahead and get the full version if you think you might need it.

Finale takes a little work to figure out, but it is what I have used since forever. The sounds are now from Row-loff, and are OK. The print notation is great, and transposition (for keyboard parts) and copy/paste are pretty intuitive.

I don't officially endorse anyone, and might just use Sibelius if just starting out, but for now I am a Finale guy, and pretty happy with it.

I started using Finale back in 1994 with version 3.1. It was difficult to use and get used to. I then got Finale 2002, which was much easier. By the end getting used to that I tried Sibelisu 2, which I found difficult to use because I was so used to Finale, so I stopped using Sibelius and started back with Finale.

If I was just starting out, I would find Sibelius easy to use, but Finale 2005-Present have gotten so much easier, so it's really up to you, but those are the two "Best" in my opinion.

I have used both Sibelius and Finale and I can say that I prefer Sibelius 4 (w/ Kontakt Gold) over everything else. I have never used VD2 but I know its top of the line in percussion soundfonts.