Boston Horn Opportunities

From the Boston Crusaders:

"Still have the fire to march for a Division I Finalist drum and bugle corps? Well now is your chance! Currently, the Boston Crusaders have one opening in the Tuba Section and one opening in the Baritone Section, and are accepting inquiries from all talented performers.

If you are interested in auditioning for one of these spots, please email the corps director Howard Weinstein to send a video audition tape. He will give you further instructions as well as an address to send that tape. Expect show your ability musically and visually (marching basics) on the appropriate instrument."

So let's be a little more mature and responsible with this information and use this forum to spread the word and get kids (KK, CR, Esp, Mag) connected with the availble spots.

Hopefully this doesn't degrade into another slanderous "kids don't want to march corps X because of the kind of shows they do" tirate. But then, this isn't about The Cadets so it's nothing to worry about.

Hopefully this doesn't degrade into another slanderous "kids don't want to march corps X because of the kind of shows they do" tirate. But then, this isn't about The Cadets so it's nothing to worry about.

hyp-o-crite... :silly::rolleyes:

BUMP

Pretty sad that this has only been viewed less than 250 times with only two responses. But, as the original poster mentioned, I guess many on DCP are only interested if there is a controversy or if they can start some controversy over a corps or individual they don't like. Only we, the members of DCP, can change that.

Yeah, I've been waiting for the chicken little sky is falling in Boston posts to surface, but then again, this thread has nothing to do with Hopkins or Cadets.

Good luck, BAC.

Yeah, I've been waiting for the chicken little sky is falling in Boston posts to surface, but then again, this thread has nothing to do with Hopkins or Cadets.

Why? Every corps has the occasional unexpected opening or two at some point. It's not like they're making an open-ended plea for lead players....

Okay, I've put this off long enough. I've been wondering this for quite some time. I'm going to show my complete ignorance here, swallow my pride, and ask this question: What does the "A" in BAC mean? Please be gentle!

Why? Every corps has the occasional unexpected opening or two at some point. It's not like they're making an open-ended plea for lead players....

You're right. . .this is soooooooo different.

Im waiting for the ever popular ... "If they ahve these spots they must have trouble finding people, which leads people to think they are going to be bad this summer" .... just like the previous cadets openings.

So many corps have openings .. in fact I would not rule out (after marching for a while) ... that every single corps has at least one spot open at some time, and most likely just dosent post it on every website ... because someone knows someone in the corps ... and can get it filled. Happens on the daily!

:huh:

Edited by brassdrumguard

Im waiting for the ever popular ... "If they ahve these spots they must have trouble finding people, which leads people to think they are going to be bad this summer" .... just like the previous cadets openings.

So many corps have openings .. in fact I would not rule out (after marching for a while) ... that every single corps has at least one spot open at some time, and most likely just dosent post it on every website ... because someone knows someone in the corps ... and can get it filled. Happens on the daily!

:huh:

No, this one is different, you see.