Rock songs never done before

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One that comes to mind is "A warm place" by Trent Reznor. It's not exactly

main stream rock but it would make a beautiful ballad.

I was thinking "The Frail" (the string version on "Things Falling Apart")

That'd work quite nicely for a warm-up.

:)

The day when a hornline manages to reproduce granular synthesis and vocoder sound effects on the field (without using electronics) is the day I will eat my own excrement.

hahahahahaha. simple but oh so effective. :P

(Boy did I find the right thread, lol!)

As far as new music is concerned, I heard one recently that just BEGS to be done: "Candy Man" by Christina Aguilera, complete with call-backs.

Also I had an idea for a Bjork show. Major precussively driven show (Human Behavior, Army Of Me, It's Oh So Quiet).

And the visuals for It's Oh So Quiet would be cool. Can you imagine at the end? Screaming company front and then the whole corps goes "shhhh." Awesome.

As for older music:

Has anyone done "Somebody To Love" by Queen? I have an entire show devoted to Queen programmed, but they have enough stuff I could program two.

"Elenor Rigby" by The Beatles would be a good I&E piece.

Southern Nights in '94 was going to do "Stile Nacht" by Manheim Steamroller, but folded before they could put it on. I'm still hoping Barons will do that show someday.

And the Piece de Resistance, an entire show based on "Paradise By The Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf. The visuals in the "baseball" scene might be a bit racy (or the visuals I have planned anyway) for the juniors, but the seniors could probably get away with it.

(Boy did I find the right thread, lol!)

As far as new music is concerned, I heard one recently that just BEGS to be done: "Candy Man" by Christina Aguilera, complete with call-backs.

Also I had an idea for a Bjork show. Major precussively driven show (Human Behavior, Army Of Me, It's Oh So Quiet).

And the visuals for It's Oh So Quiet would be cool. Can you imagine at the end? Screaming company front and then the whole corps goes "shhhh." Awesome.

As for older music:

Has anyone done "Somebody To Love" by Queen? I have an entire show devoted to Queen programmed, but they have enough stuff I could program two.

"Elenor Rigby" by The Beatles would be a good I&E piece.

Southern Nights in '94 was going to do "Stile Nacht" by Manheim Steamroller, but folded before they could put it on. I'm still hoping Barons will do that show someday.

And the Piece de Resistance, an entire show based on "Paradise By The Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf. The visuals in the "baseball" scene might be a bit racy (or the visuals I have planned anyway) for the juniors, but the seniors could probably get away with it.

Well Bluecoats did Elenor Ribgy in 1992 and Crossmen did Paradise in 2005. Yes they had some racy visuals during the baseball segment, although they ended the song with the couple embracing. Not really the same as praying till the end of time so they could end their time together.

Edited by bluecoats88

YYZ has been mentioned, could make a very good corps tune IMO. There's a lot of things that Rush has done that could translate well really.

Thoughtless by Korn (check out the Evanescense cover of it if you want to see how adaptable this song is)

Tool has some adaptable stuff, although moreso from a percussion standpoint

Radiohead

My friend and I were driving back from Tallahassee last night, listening to Muse and think it would work great. Some of the music off the last 2 albums could work.

I think an Evanescence show would be great. Amy Lee's voice would sound killer for the mellophone melody. There would be some good rockin' low brass harmonies. Fast tempos. The radio edit of My Immortal (the version with the drum set) would make for a great tune. The final chorus would make a great and powerful company front.