Rock songs never done before

The kids are all bummed too...although they didn't know of my programming ideas, they're not too excited about performing Shania Twain stuff nor music that predates even thier parents.

Hey, it could always be worse - my director made us do a School House Rock show my junior year. Coinciently, we did a Billy Joel show my senior year - openner was Pressure, Billy the Kid was in there too (that show was pretty bleh as well).

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Stars late 70's early 80's did a all Chicago show.They even spelled out Chicago in the show.Lasalle Cadets did one fine morning 1973 song by Lighthouse.

FYI

Skip Prokop, drummer for the band Lighthouse is a drum corps alum, as has been said on here before, from Toronto Optimists back in the 60's i believe, also lighthouse has a ton of great music with some awsome horn licks.

Blue Devils seemed to like Chicago's 'Free' there for a while...

Anything by Spinal Tap. Rush, Kansas, or Boston I don't believe have ever been done at the Division 1 level.

Blue Devils did a fine drum solo of Paradox, 1982, 1983, and 27th Lancers did "Miracles out of Nowhere" in 1978, Bluecoats did "Magnum Opus" in 1984, and 1977 Black Diamonds did "Carry on My Wayward Son".

Blue Devils did a fine drum solo of Paradox, 1982, 1983, and 27th Lancers did "Miracles out of Nowhere" in 1978, Bluecoats did "Magnum Opus" in 1984, and 1977 Black Diamonds did "Carry on My Wayward Son".

to be a little more specific since Magnum Opus is in multiple movements most of what we played, except for the beginning was from "Father Padillo meets the Perfect Gnat"

Spirit's drum solo in 1983 and 84 was called "We're all Together", which was taken from Kansas' "No One Together".

I guess Mike Back didn't want to have a drum solo called No One Together. Bad karma...

Cool. Someone above mentioned Priest. I think they have alot of great stuff.

Even their late 70s/early 80s songs have alot of potential. The

right composer could do alot with Heads Are Gonna Roll or Electric Eye.

And Rob Halford's vocals would translate nicely into some tasty lead Sop licks. :)

I don't listen to much pop, but when I heard it on the radio...

I've always wanted to hear Phantom play Alanis Morrisette's "Uninvited". Totally out of character for them, but their low brass would shake the earth.

...I thought the same thing! SOOOOO totally out of character...but just for grins, I looked up a translation of Hellrider from German to English--kind of makes you feel good about the old-world character of classical music! "Mitfahrer von Hollen," or some such. Just sounds classical!

And the guitar stuff would be a WICKED trumpet solo! Maybe even bari, a la 70's Dan Farrell??

I don't listen to much pop, but when I heard it on the radio...

I hope you're not saying that Judas Priest is pop. They are pure Heavy Metal! :D