Rock songs never done before

What about anything by Bon Jovi? And other than Bohemian Rhapsody, any other Queen? (Don't Stop Me Now perhaps?)

I always thought that "Don't Stop Me Now" would make a great tune for drum corps.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the "Bicycle" song? :P

Geneseo Knights did a complete Chicago show I believe in 1988. Small hornline/corps, but they did a nice job with it.

yes their versions of Corner Pocket and 25 or 6 to 4 were great.

After seeing Muse again the other day (WOW THEY ARE AMAZING), I would have to concur with a few previous posters. that stuff could work real well on the field. Talk about awesome keyboard parts.

Also, some Blue October material could work.

These may work better for indoor drumline.

Just as I have thought that a few System of a Down songs would work well in that medium.

JMHO, but pop and rock songs are not all that technically difficult, which is why a lot of corps' tend to lean toward the jazz and classical ends of the musical spectrum. That's where the points are.

Edited by Piper

IMO most songs might not translate well onto the field, with some exceptions. I personally would like to see a corps to a show featuring metal, some fast technical stuff like Children of Bodom, Warmen, Shadows Fall, DragonForce, Trivium, etc.

PS Thanks for all the kind words about BU! Yes we did change drill and cut a lot out, butfor the better of the show I think.

As for the Spartans/ECJ rivalry, there was some tension for a little bit, but most of the time people are pretty chill.

After seeing Muse again the other day (WOW THEY ARE AMAZING), I would have to concur with a few previous posters. that stuff could work real well on the field. Talk about awesome keyboard parts.

Dude, you saw Muse live? You must pm me and tell me all about the concert!

wow..I was thinking some Hanson..and...wait....uh...New Kids on the Block would bring the house down!! Maybe some Air Supply for the company front at the end!

"...I'm all out of love...I'm so lost without you..."

ps....now yer gonna be humming that song for the next 2 hours...MUAHAHAHAHA!!!! ^0^