Do you miss the HopLog?

Do you miss the HopLog?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Did you miss and are you looking forward to the return of the HopLog?

• Yes ? very much so
    • Yes ? somewhat
    • Never read it
    • Read it but don?t care one way or the other
    • No ? read it but didn?t really cared for it

Yep...aside from the personal, inspirational stuff he posts out the wazoo, I do like reading about what's going on in YEA and Cadets-land, whatever he feelsl like writing about anyway...

Same here. . .some of the life stuff he posts I read sometimes, give or take, but the stuff on YEA! and The Cadets/Crossmen I find very interesting.

"HopBlog MIA":

Have read it. Love it when he whines and throws himself a pity party.... :P

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

I wouldn't call them pity parties but more like delusional moments. I think he really was way too overworked and drove both himself and everyone around him too hard. I think it has been interesting to hear him realize and work through a lot of that.

His HopLog has been an honest, open and insightful account of him as a person. You might not like a lot of his ideas or his personal style, but you can't but respect him for the volume of work this man has done at YEA!, The Cadets, the Crossmen, and hundreds of high school bands across the country; not to mention the heartfelt attempt to help other area corps like Boston, Crown and Magic. Add to that getting The Cadets involved with the Olympics, NASCAR (with the Crossmen), All Star Game, Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and in front of millions of high school students. Then there were the other years he arranged for color guard units at Macy's. Oh, and I almost forgot the many years of dedicated service on the Board at DCI along with his ongoing involvement in many committees and the promotional and consultative work he does there. I'm sure I'm missing another hundred things this man has done in the short time I have been reading his blog!!!

So, it has been a wild ride that includes some of the trauma of everyday life. I think he's been a very brave man to share everything and take so much heat. A weaker man would have been hospitalized by now. Sure some of the intimate parts of his life could be better discussed elsewhere (IMHO) and even some of the work stuff could verge on something that should be dealt with in a more private setting. But he kept honest to what he committed to do and I hope it has helped him. I do see growth showing through his writing style and the content of his blog over the years.

So keep it up George. You have some great insights, it's wonderful to hear what's going on with the corps from an insider's perpsective, and you've developed a large audience (unfortunately, the con as well as the pro). Keep chatting!!!

Edited by fifer

I wish people could see how they look when they trash Hopkins incessantly on here. Hilarious!

Never read it, but I prolly will miss it, since it seams that the only thing that keeps this place bumpin is hopkins and the Cadets.