Youngest Div I Marcher

Marie (Ferr.) McB. was VERY young when she started marching with 27th in 1974. '74 was a re-building year, and a few members were called up from the Lancer Cadets to fill in the ranks. I know those younger members were assigned to a "Big Sister" to look after them and keep them from being too corrupted. Marie was still known as "Little Marie" when I joined up in late 1975.

LancerLegend - her real age in 1974?? Anyone that you know of that was younger?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in the 70's and early 80's it was common in all corps, including top corps, to have very young members.

If you look at any cymbal line from the 70's you can see how young most of them are.

we had brothers on either end of our snare line in 1987 that were 14 and 16.

I turned 16 right before move-ins last year (my rookie year) with Carolina Crown. We had a baritone player who was 14 all during tour and just recently turned 15 I believe. We also have a new baritone player who just turned 14 at our December camp I think, and he is doing just fine.

I was 9 years old. Started in September of 1966 as a guard in the American Section. Back then, there was NO minimum age. Bruno