Youngest Div I Marcher

My boyfriend, James, marched contra in Vanguard 1985 when he was 13 (youngest member of the corps all 3 years he marched). He was in the Cadet corps when he was 12.

Edited by lisard5

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1975-20_jpg.jpg

I WAS 11 my first year with Crossmen. Turned 12 in July during tour.

Guess they didn't DISQUALIFY for that back in the day.

________

If you like my avatar, you can vote for this design for the 2007 Tour T-Shirt by going to http://www.yea.org/site/PageServer?pagename=Crossmen look for the little black t-shirt icon and vote Hot? or Not?

That-- is AMAZING!!!

Edited by MJN

NOT FAIR! I was five the first year I marched. But, it was 1965. I marched every year through my age-out in 1980 with the same corps, the Long Island Kingsmen. I played cymbals 1965-1970, bass drum 1971, and baritone 1972-1980. So, by the time I marched in the first DCI Championships in 1972, I was an "old man" of 13. I could have marched a seventeenth season in 1981 if the current age rule was in affect, because my birthday was in late July.

P.S. There is actually no minimum age rule in DCI. The minimum age rules are set by each corps. My son was given his first contract in Div. III at twelve, and his first Div. I contract at 13.

Edited by kansasDC

I believe that the Drum Major for the Troopers 1995 through 1998 actually started marching when he was 11 in 1991....though he apparently told the corps that he was age 15 at his first camp, and at each subsequent camp he got a year younger....i cant remember the details, but he was a really great trumpet player and DM, and he looked bad ### in that dm uniform.

I auditioned for and made The Cadets when I was 13, but turned 14 before the summer.

We have a KILLER baritone this year that is only 15, and he marched Crossmen last year and Jersey Serf (I think?) the year before that.

Michael Terry

Cadets Baritone 2000-2007

LUUUUKE!

I was 16 my first year.

When I marched there was no minimum.

I know in my 5 years I marched with several 14 year olds.

Unless I am mistaken, I marchjed with a guard girl who aged out in 89 and her rookie year was 78 or 79, something like that.

I know she marched ALOT of years all in the first corps.

I marched with many many kids who did 5 ro6 years in regiment Cadets then 4 or 5 in Regiment.

One of Blue Devils bass drummers who aged out last year started in BDC when he was 3 years old, in 1989 I believe. I remember seeing something about him in one of the Blueview episodes.

http://www.bluedevils.org/blueview/index.php?year=2006 Episode 13 couple minutes in.

1975-20_jpg.jpg

I WAS 11 my first year with Crossmen. Turned 12 in July during tour.

Guess they didn't DISQUALIFY for that back in the day.

________

If you like my avatar, you can vote for this design for the 2007 Tour T-Shirt by going to http://www.yea.org/site/PageServer?pagename=Crossmen look for the little black t-shirt icon and vote Hot? or Not?

Michele, you have me beat. I was 13 years old during the 1974 season when I marched in the Bracken Cavaliers, and 14 in my first year at marching with the Crossmen in 1975. I really started marching in a parade corp September of 1968, one month before my 9th birthday. This corp folded within the next year or two. After that I marched in winter guards until the fall of 1973 when I started marching in Bracken Cavaliers. I aged out of Crossmen in 1982 after marching 7 (not consecuative) years. I skipped 1978 to work to buy my car. I was happy to return in 1979 and it was a long four years, but I would not have given it up for anything. Many great memories and long time friendships. :worthy: