1996 SCV Question

The sop. soloist near the end of the show, the guy with glasses, has a ring on. Does anyone know if it is a DCI Championship ring? If it is, did he march with another corps? I guess it would be possible for him to have marched SCV in 89 as a 14 year old maybe. Anybody know??

The sop. soloist near the end of the show, the guy with glasses, has a ring on. Does anyone know if it is a DCI Championship ring? If it is, did he march with another corps? I guess it would be possible for him to have marched SCV in 89 as a 14 year old maybe. Anybody know??

If it is a DCI ring I would seriously hope the guy marched 89 as a youngster.

How tacky would it be to wear a ring you won with another corps while marching?

If it is a DCI ring I would seriously hope the guy marched 89 as a youngster.

How tacky would it be to wear a ring you won with another corps while marching?

True - that would take a pretty large set

The ring on the glove is a BD tradition....it's possible he marched BD 94 and them moved to SCV....although more of the crossovers were SCV to BD rather than the other way around.

i know someone who marched BD '94 and then SCV '95 and '96 because he liked the organization and members much more.

i still dont really understand why it'd be there at all, though. since when do scv members wear any kind of rings outside of their gloves? i dont get why one member would be allowed to break a rule that everyone else follows (i know they hadnt won a championship since '99), and look different than everyone else.

What color is the stone? SCV's 99 ring would most likely be red. My 89 ring is red.

ring1.jpg

BD's were always blue stones.

And I can't say for sure (because to my knowledge the subject never came up when I was around), but I'd bet all my worldly possessions that GR would have never let a person wear a DCI ring in finals... no matter what corps earned it. He wouldn't even let us play "Clowns" in 89 except at our home show - because he didn't want to jinx things. We were only allowed to play it a second time during our victory concert after we won in Kansas City.

Edited by bradrick

What color is the stone? SCV's 99 ring would most likely be red. My 89 ring is red.

ring1.jpg

BD's were always blue stones.

And I can't say for sure (because to my knowledge the subject never came up when I was around), but I'd bet all my worldly possessions that GR would have never let a person wear a DCI ring in finals... no matter what corps earned it. He wouldn't even let us play "Clowns" in 89 except at our home show - because he didn't want to jinx things. We were only allowed to play it a second time during our victory concert after we won in Kansas City.

It's too hard to tell what color it is - It is the 96 show though, not anything after '99

Wouldn't it be funny if it was a ring he got by making all-state wrestling while in middle school, or something lame like that?