How many "OLD SCHOOLERS" have kids marching ?

My dad's name is Bill Schaffer. He played baritone. I'm not sure when he marched but I think it was in 80. What's your daughters name?

Diane.

We'll look for you at the next camp.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, pretty AWESOME ! When I was marching I played Euph. #3 and my son is playing Euph. #3 ! Kind of odd that my son is now my Brother, I guess being from Kentucky I should be use to this by now! :lookaround: :sshh: :satisfied: :( :P

Hey "Old Geezer", who are you? I did Scouts '80 (euph) and '82 (contra).

-Mark Buchwalder

Diane.

We'll look for you at the next camp.

I'll see you there.

Yep. She marched this last season. Not sure if she is going to this year since she wants to play her HS Sr season of Fastpitch and DC and Fastpitch conflict. (They start preseason practice on July 1 for HS Softball).

Hello Mark, Bill Leslie here. Are you coming to open house ?

Unfortunately, I can't make it. I'm taking my daughter to Southwind camp, and helping my wife recover from ACL surgery.

I'm hoping there will be a fair size Scouts alumni contingent in Indy in July, otherwise the only time I'll see Scouts is in Columbus, OH.

Enjoy the Open House!

Yeah my son Timmy is holding his own playing trumpet. He made All State last year and nailed another level six solo for his audition this year, I would think he will get in again.

It looks like he will be back in all age ranks this year with Rochester Crusaders, but has played with Brigs and Magic of Orlando as well. Maybe next year we will figure out a way to get back to a DCI corps.

Donny

Hey Timmy's dad..........how you doin'? I know that the boy is just fine.......like apple/tree an stuff.

If he's lookin' for something to do there's always Xtreme.........you too B)

Jimbalaya

:P My daughter marched for 4 years in the guard, rifle , sabre and flag. She marched with Southern knights from NJ and Archie's Jr. Corps in the 90's. Also did indoor for a season with Extradinaire.

My step son played for a couple of years in the Rebs alumni that would make him third generation. Grampa marched in the 50's in Ma and Dad is still marching with the Rebels.

Some of the kids I taught in the Southern Knights went on the march top 12 DCI, Madison 95-97, PR 95, Cadets 95, Crossmen many years, BD,Boston,Blue Coats and Blue Knights and DCA. What a thrill to see that. Felt like a parent all over again.

Some are still marching and two are Band Directors in NJ. Boy I sound like a proud parent. What a ride it has been.

• 2 weeks later...

I marched 72-73. My son is in his 6th year of drum corps. Three years with LVK and three with Crossmen. He has two more years left after this season. My older daughter is a music composition major, plays flute, enjoys drum corps, but never was interested in marching. My younger daughter still has a few years to go before she could join but I could see her doing color guard.