MCA Harrisburg - Review and a little more

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the penalties indicated were for overtime. Rules say show is between 5 and 10 minutes in length.

Jimbalaya

....my guess would be tuba.....to be classified as a Bugle it must be a forward facing Bell.....

Gary.......this was an awesome experience for Xtreme. The entire weekend did credit to the activity and the togetherness of what we do. I'm sure there will be an official posting, but speaking for this old bird: congratulations to all the corps out there. The mini show was fantastic. As a corps we were happy to see old friends in performance and make new friends.

Abusing the T'bird staffers was a treat unto itself. Well done Erie. Well done Five Star. Well done performers. I can't wait until the next time......

Jimbalaya

Crossmen Xtreme have a real cool hype,......................and the drums are awesome!,....................beautiful work Nigel!

I believe the penalties indicated were for overtime. Rules say show is between 5 and 10 minutes in length.

Jimbalaya

Yes,

our transitions between tunes were way longer than planned, and we went overtime.

We have to tighten up and smooth out that aspect of our performance which, frankly, we never spent any time on. Our show had the feeling of 4 separate tunes and didn't have the cohesive flow that others did.

We'll get on that for next time!

Edited by brassomaniac

our transitions between tunes were way longer than planned, and we went overtime.

..........same thing happened to Mass Brass,..................the applause points in their show pushed their total performance time just over the limit,......................Crowd was very responsive,.................and by the end of the afternoon, (Mass Brass performance time) that room was packed!

Thank you to everyone who helped make the inauguaral MCA contest such a huge success.

Congratulations to the Golden Eagles on their win. Also, kudos to all of the performing corps. Your hard work was evident in the high quality of your respective performances.

Great job ALL!

Strutta

Mass Brass & MCA PR

Thanks John. Your words mean more to us that you can imagine. We knew we were up to some great competition. Heck....Mass Brass is a class organization, and with no doubt in my mind, is destined to be a future Mini Corps Champion. Ghost Riders......you guys are AWESOME!!!! Rod, Doug, Joey and company put on a great show. Your drummer ROCKS!!!!! Capital Brass....I saw you guys warming up in the room......MAN....WHAT A SOUND!!!!!! Forget about the upright tuba garbage......use whatever horns you like. Just continue to put out that sound, and for sure you are destined for great things yourself!!! GREAT Trumpet player....WHEW....can he play!!! Great job! Lambertville.....Danny, Stan, Screech, John and all the rest of my friends there.....you guys sounded great from the waiting area........really thought you were going to score alot higher than you did. Great solo work Stan......no one flutters (or growls) like you!!! Wish I had the chance to see everyone else, but thanks to Crossmen Xtreme for making this trek. I heard alot of great things about you. Nice job Jimbalaya!!! Amoskeag....heard you guys really rocked the place for what you had. Sorry I missed it, but I understand you have more people coming in. Cant wait to hear your finished product in Rachacha!!!..>GREAT Job Dave!!!! Steel City......wish I could have heard you.....you were on a bit early for me as we were rehearsing, but who knows.....I MAY get the chance to spend some more time with you guys in the near future! I heard Riggie ROCKED!!!

Can't wait to do it all again!!!

Until then....(or as the Caballeros would say......"See You In September")

Capital Brass....I saw you guys warming up in the room......MAN....WHAT A SOUND!!!!!! Forget about the upright tuba garbage......use whatever horns you like. Just continue to put out that sound, and for sure you are destined for great things yourself!!! GREAT Trumpet player....WHEW....can he play!!! Great job!

THANKS!!!

I missed the mini-corps show... by the time we (Westshoremen Alumni) had wrapped up our stage-rehearsal time, then went and had some lunch (and quite frankly, tried to get some rest after a very early wake-up call!), it was too late to get there.

But I did get to see the encore performances of the top three finishers at the post-show party, and all three did a great job.....lots of audience appeal and great playing, especially the many terrific soloists!

I have said before in various posts that I enjoy all of the various aspects of the drum corps activity for what they bring to the table..... junior corps, all-age corps (including mini-corps) and alumni corps. But honest to God, watching the mini-corps Saturday night, it really impressed me how much pure fun those corps are! No knock on junior corps....like I said, I enjoy 'em for what they do.... but the DCI side of the activity has nothing like mini-corps. Sheer, unabashed entertainment.

Fran